Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > General RV Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 08-16-2023, 12:19 PM   #1
JedMichele

receiver hitch

I have a 22 raptor 352 and am trying to find a receiver hitch for the rear so I can tow another trailer. I'm coming up with 2 issues, first is the toolbox at the very back that sits between the frame rails. I am limited to a drop style mount. second issue is the width of the frame rails is 74". Has anyone found something that works?
JedMichele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2023, 12:38 PM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

What kind of trailer are you going to tow and loaded with what? With the RV you're probably close to 55'+ total length. Many, if not most, states limit total length to 65' so that will be a consideration. Also, whatever receiver you use make sure it's rated for the weight/load and welded to the trailer frame if you pursue it.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2023, 01:05 PM   #3
bobbecky

Before you get too far along trying to tow double trailers, you need to check with your DMV in New York. From the little research I’ve just done, it doesn’t appear to be legal there.
bobbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2023, 01:06 PM   #4
Raptor 429

Quote:
Originally Posted by JedMichele View Post
I have a 22 raptor 352 and am trying to find a receiver hitch for the rear so I can tow another trailer. I'm coming up with 2 issues, first is the toolbox at the very back that sits between the frame rails. I am limited to a drop style mount. second issue is the width of the frame rails is 74". Has anyone found something that works?
U-Haul and Croft trailer have installed many hitches for me over the years. Either of them I would think could solve the problem.

I did a do it yourself job on the bumper of our old shadow cruiser and bent it carrying bicycles. So the capability I'm sure varies widely. Be sure to test it with your neighbors boat first 😂.
Raptor 429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2023, 01:09 PM   #5
JedMichele

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
What kind of trailer are you going to tow and loaded with what? With the RV you're probably close to 55'+ total length. Many, if not most, states limit total length to 65' so that will be a consideration. Also, whatever receiver you use make sure it's rated for the weight/load and welded to the trailer frame if you pursue it.

Thank you for the concern, but I've done all my research and am down to just finding the right receiver hitch.
Old 08-16-2023, 01:10 PM   #6
JedMichele

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbecky View Post
Before you get too far along trying to tow double trailers, you need to check with your DMV in New York. From the little research I’ve just done, it doesn’t appear to be legal there.
Thanks for the concern, but I don't ever plan to be back in NY again.
Old 08-16-2023, 02:25 PM   #7
Max23

Quote:
Originally Posted by JedMichele View Post
Thanks for the concern, but I don't ever plan to be back in NY again.
Smart man.

JK!!! I know upstate is beautiful!!!
Max23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hitch