Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-23-2017, 03:50 AM   #1
m&m

Confused about your idea of warranty coverage

I waited several days before posting this question.

Several days ago I called about total hydraulic failure with my rig. T he jacks were deployed and unit level. The 3 slides were somewhat deployed.
Since I am still under warranty I called and received the wrong answer. To show why I'm confused:
My truck 2013F350dw and 2017 Avalanche 365mb both cost MSRP $71k.
When My truck broke down I called customer service.
#1 safety concern
#2 vech info
#3 turned over to coach net for service. I was out in country. Truck dispatched to location.
#4 Ford calling back checking
#5 less than 90min rig arrived to start truck. Signed paperwork.
#6 Dealer called to assist was help with needed repairs, and when did I want to bring unit in. Fried batteries.
#7 Final call from customer service
Over all I give a great thumbs up to their warranty service.

Now for Keystone
#1 The first person I talked seemed confused what to do so ended up with a new person. Repeated my situation. Found nearest dealer 1hr away. Said clearly they were not obligated to help. It was up to them.
#2 If I could get unit to them they would cover warranty work.
#3 Advised to seek local help from camp ground or mobile repair unit.
#4 nothing else they could do for me. I could however submit all paperwork to company.
#5 called recommended dealer. We don't service that area. Did answer questions somewhat.
#6 did repair myself. Not one phone call in five days from keystone. Not 1 tech came online to assist.

Over all I give a strong thumbs down to keystone. I'm still searching for statement in warranty book that says "Keystone stands behind warranty if a breakdown occurs on the road".
By the way I purched extended warranty.
Any help understanding this would be appreciated.
m&m is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover, fuse, warranty