Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 06-17-2023, 08:27 PM   #1
Carey

Fuel Station Parts - 2012 Raptor

So my fuel station randomly stopped working, and doesn’t seem to be getting any power. It’s looking like it’s the control panel/switch. I can’t seem to find a way into the control panel box to check wiring/replace a switch, and a new panel is very difficult to find. Has anyone had similar issues before or have a good solution?
Carey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2023, 01:35 PM   #2
firestation12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey View Post
So my fuel station randomly stopped working, and doesn’t seem to be getting any power. It’s looking like it’s the control panel/switch. I can’t seem to find a way into the control panel box to check wiring/replace a switch, and a new panel is very difficult to find. Has anyone had similar issues before or have a good solution?
“Doesn’t seem to be getting any power” is an inadequate diagnostic. Confirm that there is or is not 12 volts at the pump. A simple 12 volt tester which uses a sharp point to probe the supply wire at the pump will give you a definitive answer. A common reasons for a pump to “seem dead” is for the meshing gears in the pump housing to swell over time and bind up. Or there may be a foreign body lodged in the pump gears. In no case should you be considering to replace the entire control panel. The pump switch is only a simple part of many that anre installed on the control panel.
Retired Fire Capt/paramedic 34 yrs
Current owner 2 HVAC companies
Past owner Res/Com electrical
firestation12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2023, 08:18 PM   #3
Carey

There is no power to the control panel and to the pump. I probed the supply and there’s nothing. Also jumped the pump to a different battery and it wouldnt prime. Suspecting gas gumming the pump, but it’s also acting like a blown fuse. Is there an inline fuse between the control panel and the battery? I can’t find any or information about one. I’ve started tracing wires but can’t find anything, checked fuse panels, all around the pump/control panel and even the battery compartment
Carey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2023, 05:34 AM   #4
firestation12

Can you provide a photo of the “control panel”??
Old 08-24-2023, 03:42 PM   #5
Jsandoval

Did this get resolved? Same issue, no power and can't find a fuse anywhere!
Jsandoval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2023, 04:30 PM   #6
firestation12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsandoval View Post
Did this get resolved? Same issue, no power and can't find a fuse anywhere!
It’s been 2+ months since OP posted this starter thread and I’m guessing he’s either resolved the problem without sharing the resolution, or moved on. It’s too bad this happens since it deprives those such as yourself of what you might try. One clue the OP offered in his first and only reply was he had jumped 12 volts to the pump, but it “wouldn’t prime”. I’m not sure if that means the pump ran but wouldn’t pump or there was no output. The OP then speculated the pump may be gummed up from old fuel. Employing Occam’s Razor logic and my past experience with these fuel pumps, it’s likely the pump is jammed causing a fuse to blow. Further since the OP has a 2012 toy hauler, I’m betting the plastic pump gears have swollen causing the problem. If after applying 12 volts manually to the pump, the motor hums but doesn’t turn, try removing the gears and check for motor operation. I’ve replaced the gears several times on my 6 son’s toy haulers over the years, but more recently have had good luck with lightly filing the teeth to restore clearance. You still need to test for 12 volts at the motor, and if not present, find the open circuit, and maybe also address a jammed pump. Now don’t forget to share how YOU resolved YOUR similar issue.
Retired Fire Capt/paramedic 34 yrs
Current owner 2 HVAC companies
Past owner Res/Com electrical

Tags
fuel, raptor