Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 02-23-2019, 01:21 PM   #1
Ranchhand

Newbie question

Purchased our first new to me Cougar bunkhouse last week but have not brought it home yet. Probably will not be until next weekend. I have a newbie question. Will a 15 foot sewer hose be long enough to dump at dumpsites at the campgrounds or will I need a longer one and where does the sewer hose get stored when not in use. Do dumpsites have freshwater at the dump site so you can rinse the hose out when done.

Sorry for the newbie questions (probably will have more)

Thanks

Kevin
Ranchhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 01:51 PM   #2
hankpage
Site Team

Congrats on the Cougar.If you will be dumping at a "dump station" in a state park or truckstop 15ft should be more than enough. You most likely will need longer if you will be camping with full hook-ups and have a sewer connection on your site. An extra ten footer is always a good thing to have.
Water SHOULD be available at dump stations but you should make it a practice to use a hose designated flushing and not the one you use to connect to potable water.

As for storage many mount pvc tubes under trailer or simply use storage bin with a tight fitting lid.

Hope this helps. Travel safely, Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 03:08 PM   #3
shermris

15 feet is typically long enough. You really don't want a sewer hose that is too long. You can often gain a few feet by moving your drain outlets a little closer to the tank connection. I have a 10 and a 15 and use the one that fits best, or I can join the two if I need to. Dump stations typically have non potable water to flush your black water holding tank with. I like to rinse my hoses after use and store them in a tote in my storage compartment when not in use. Some units also have limited hose storage in the rear bumper but many hoses won't fit in the bumper.
shermris is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags