Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 06-19-2017, 08:41 AM   #11
curtthegreat

Thanks for the welcome JRTJH, I didn't take into consideration the sound aspect, good point. But, if I were twvette, and I was considering a 3rd a/c (which should be standard in rigs this size) I think I would look seriously at putting it in the vent above the kitchen, and not duct it, if it is so wired. I know the one in the loft is probably pre wired for it, but the ducts gobble up so much air, and if you don't duct it and run a straight dump from the loft, I'd be concerned about not getting enough air out of the loft. By putting 3 non ducted a/c's in, Keystone could save on labor and material, and have a true zone system. If done the right way, these babies will cool and heat.

curtthegreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 12:55 PM   #12
twvette

Thanks everyone, great detailed info and makes sense to me. I will look into the divider, etc. for sure for some improvements and continue to dump as much as I can directly out the AC rather than ducts. With my AC units being at extreme opposite ends of rig I think I am really gonna struggle to get much cool air flow to the living room even with fairly big fans but sure it will help some. I am glad it was mentioned the 3rd AC on the 420 is in the loft (another ) as I was thinking they would be smart and put it where the fan is in kitchen/living area. I agree I would try and have a third added there with no ducting. Its looking to me like someone "over thought" the AC locations on this model and simply decided directly over beds was the key as otherwise no other logic seems to apply. Its gonna be 120 on Phoenix and still over 90 where my trailer is at this weekend so will get to try it again.

twvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 11:32 AM   #13
dcg9381

I have a 37' carbon. 2 ACs. One is over the bunk in the "kitchen" area which can basically be closed off via curtains.

I did some AC work on my rig this weekend. Most of the AC tape at the vent exits had come lose and I was getting cold air directed into the area above the ceiling. I also removed the vent covers (restrictors) from all of the AC vents in the living room. I get much better air flow now.

Next step is to drop the AC cover and clean up the duct work at the source.

dcg9381 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air conditioner, fuzion