Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > General RV Issues
Click Here to Login

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 06-11-2019, 05:03 AM   #1
GeekSquadOfUn
Member
 
GeekSquadOfUn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Whitby
Posts: 61
New Furrion range

New Cougar 315RLS 2019.

Well I have let you know how much of an improvement this Furrion range/oven is.

Compared to the Flintstone Suburban we had in our previous coach. Incredible it took so long. Must be a serious cartel controlled market 😂

The grate is solid and holds pots real good. Stable.

The flat folding glass top lines up with the countertop.

The gas controls are smooth.

Not having to bend down on my knees with a flashlight to light the oven is, well, heavenly.

The oven light. Gee what a concept 😉

The blue lighted knobs, well it grows on me.
__________________

GeekSquadOfUn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 05:15 AM   #2
Fishsizzle
Senior Member
 
Fishsizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Oregon
Posts: 598
We’ve been pretty happy with ours. Have even used the stone for cooking some stuff
__________________

__________________
2017 Alpine 3661FL

Temporary Truck
Fishsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 06:10 AM   #3
NH_Bulldog
Member
 
NH_Bulldog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Henniker
Posts: 69
The only "issue" we noticed was that the glass top would bounce a bit when closed down while traveling. Out of fear for walking in after a long trip and finding tempered glass everywhere, I cut some thick foam adhesive pads (sort of like foam weather stripping) and put it along the leading edge of the stove top where the front lip of the glass top sits. It raised it up just enough to keep the glass from rattling on the grates when closed, yet still keeps the top even with the surrounding countertops
__________________
Rob & Amy
2019 Passport 240BH SL
2015 Ford F150 3.5L Ecoboost SCrew 4x4 w/Max Tow Pkg
NH_Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 08:27 AM   #4
GeekSquadOfUn
Member
 
GeekSquadOfUn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Whitby
Posts: 61
Not sure how you know it bounced when travelling, but in our case the cover would not close fully...

The rear grate goes only 1 way we found, we flipped it 180d and boom it fixed it. Otherwise the cover does not go flat on the grates.
__________________
****
2019 Cougar 315RLS
2011 Ford F250
May you live as long as you want, and never want as long as you live.
GeekSquadOfUn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 12:15 AM   #5
John&Genny
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Colbert
Posts: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSquadOfUn View Post
New Cougar 315RLS 2019.

Well I have let you know how much of an improvement this Furrion range/oven is.

Compared to the Flintstone Suburban we had in our previous coach. Incredible it took so long. Must be a serious cartel controlled market 😂

The grate is solid and holds pots real good. Stable.

The flat folding glass top lines up with the countertop.

The gas controls are smooth.

Not having to bend down on my knees with a flashlight to light the oven is, well, heavenly.

The oven light. Gee what a concept 😉

The blue lighted knobs, well it grows on me.
Of the two trailers Iíve owned, I could never figure out why the stove manufacturers (Suburban/Atwood) neglected to put a piezo electric starter for the oven. They had them for the stovetop burners, so you would think it wouldnít take a rocket scientist for them to figure out how to add one Iíve seen pictures of the Furrion. Looks like a nice unit.
__________________
2017 Avalanche 320RS 5'er
2008 Duramax 2500HD Diesel
Andersen Ultimate 5th Wheel hitch
John&Genny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 03:23 AM   #6
NH_Bulldog
Member
 
NH_Bulldog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Henniker
Posts: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSquadOfUn View Post
Not sure how you know it bounced when travelling, but in our case the cover would not close fully...

The rear grate goes only 1 way we found, we flipped it 180d and boom it fixed it. Otherwise the cover does not go flat on the grates.

After hauling the unit back from the dealer 750 miles away, we did a deep clean. I noticed that there was a spot on the underside of the glass top from where it had been rubbing on the front grate. It looked like the front half of the hinged glass top angled downward, and there was enough play that you could tell it had been bouncing around. Once I installed the pads along the front edge of the range, the top now rests flat and even and after a few weeks and another 1,000 miles of traveling, there is no indication that the glass is contacting any of the grates.
__________________
Rob & Amy
2019 Passport 240BH SL
2015 Ford F150 3.5L Ecoboost SCrew 4x4 w/Max Tow Pkg
NH_Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 08:33 PM   #7
CaptnJohn
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Ocean Isle Beach
Posts: 1,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by John&Genny View Post
Of the two trailers Iíve owned, I could never figure out why the stove manufacturers (Suburban/Atwood) neglected to put a piezo electric starter for the oven. They had them for the stovetop burners, so you would think it wouldnít take a rocket scientist for them to figure out how to add one Iíve seen pictures of the Furrion. Looks like a nice unit.


2019 Montana oven, has electric start
__________________

2017 Montana HC 370BR
2016 F350 6.7 4X4
Edgewater 205 EX Yamaha 150
CaptnJohn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 03:11 AM   #8
rjsurfer
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 399
Don't forget about the ability to see your meal while it's cooking, another wonderful concept. Now we can also see the hanging oven temp gauge.

We tried the pizza stone and it doubled the cook time, go figure. We're keeping it for the one time a year we make pizza.

Great oven!

Ron W.
__________________

__________________
2008 Cougar 245rks
03 Dodge 2500 Cummins
Disc brakes
700 watts solar
2000 watt inverter
rjsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Keystone RV Company or any of its affiliates in any way. Keystone RVģ is a registered trademark of the Keystone RV Company.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.