Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 04-22-2019, 05:17 AM   #1
Fishdeth

MorRyde CRE 3000 factory installed ???

We are soon to buy the Cougar 26RKS TT and we were watching some upgrade vids on YT and I saw a few that stated that all Keystone Cougar 5th wh and TTs were equipped with the CRE 3000 from the factory.
However, these vids were 6 years old.
When did they stop doing this?
It's aggravating that every time you turn around, you have to "upgrade" to make things like they should already be, or to make them actually work like they should or last as long as they should.... especially in these price ranges.
Fishdeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 06:24 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

My 2014 Cougar XLite was equipped with the CRE3000 system as OEM. I'm not sure when Keystone stopped installing that equalizer as standard equipment.

This is an "OPINION" and I can't verify it as "Keystone policy" but it seems to me that as consumers want more BLING, the "important, but not readily visible stuff" gets tossed aside in favor of spending the "build money" on stuff that buyers want. In other words, tires, suspension equipment, a strong rear bumper and such items get "tossed aside" in favor of installing bigger TV's, fancier remote control systems, fancier sound systems (but they still don't measure up) and other items that "sell trailers faster but don't make them better" while still maintaining the profit margin.... In other words, it looks to me, that Keystone stopped installing "extra cost equalizers" in favor of spending that money on an "in-command system" that makes it appear the trailer is an "upgraded model"..... Essentially all they did was "not spend money on functional items and spend more of that savings on convenience items, to sell more trailers while keeping the profit margin the same".... More or less, it's "give the public what they want"....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 08:16 AM   #3
sourdough
Site Team

My Cougar High Country has the 3000 CRE suspension as well. I'm not sure when they stopped using them (they are a VERY good suspension system) but I do recall having a conversation (maybe 2016 or so?) when I didn't see any MoreRyde suspensions on trailers at the lot but a lot of Road Armor. The sales guy said they were moving to them. His assessment was that the Road Armor wasn't as good but supposed to be an upgrade over the normal suspension.

Last week when going through a lot of trailers I found those with the "upgraded" suspension had the Road Armor - no MoreRyde that I saw on any of them. If I remember, a year or 2 ago I did see some MoreRyde 4000 suspensions on a very few maybe Montanas (don't recall exactly - but none since). As John mentioned above I suspect it is due to cost; cut that expensive, great suspension and add a shiny pendulum lamp. Sort of like we're monkeys entranced with shiny objects.
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 08:40 AM   #4
MerlinB

My 2016 Cougar XLite 28SGS which was built 9/22/2015 and I purchased it in January 2016 has the MorRyde CRE3000 suspension equalizers with the Lippert CorrecTrack alignment adjustment system.
2007.5 Ram 3500 DRW
MerlinB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 02:52 PM   #5
Snoking

Our Laredo has Lipperts version and wet bolts OEM. Plus 4400 lb axles on a trailer with 8K GVWR, along with 15" wheels and tires.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MVIMG_20180828_092922.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	296.3 KB
ID:	21510  

Tags
led