Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Old 02-06-2018, 01:35 PM   #1
CrazyCain

RV Shows

Heading to the big RV/ Camper show this weekend in Novi Michigan. Love to look at all the trailers w/o heavy, if at all, pressure from the sales team, that's what we like the best about these type of shows...Looking to upgrade in the spring of 2019, so this will give us a chance to see what we think we want.. .. First thing I do when I go into the show is by me some .......

2011 Chevy Silverado
1500, HD Tow Package
2017 Keystone Hideout 177LHS Carlisle Radial HDs
:
CrazyCain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 02:08 PM   #2
Dorrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCain View Post
Heading to the big RV/ Camper show this weekend in Novi Michigan. Love to look at all the trailers w/o heavy, if at all, pressure from the sales team, that's what we like the best about these type of shows...Looking to upgrade in the spring of 2019, so this will give us a chance to see what we think we want.. .. First thing I do when I go into the show is by me some .......

When I went to the Hershey Show couple of years ago I had to go without Hubby (out to sea) But boy did he give me a list on what to look for and some questions to ask. My only problem was nearly no one would give me the time of day. I actually had a Salesman talk to me but soon as a couple came up to the RV he dropped me like a hot potato.
One Gentleman was a true Salesman and looked over the list with me. He gave some pros and cons what we were searching for (full timing). And so this is how we purchased a Montana HC [emoji4].
SO Gentlemen if you do not want to be bother with a Salesman, dress like a Lady, lol.

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk
Dorrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 03:56 PM   #3
notanlines

Dorrie, in this day and age if a salesman lets a woman walk just to talk to a couple instead, they are making a grave mistake. I know of two young ladies on this site, one in Minnesota and one in Georgia who wouldn't give those salesmen the time of day after being treated like that. Most couples we know bought their RV's on the say-so of the wife. I believe it was a wise old orator who once said "If Momma ain't happy ain't nobody happy."
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 05:34 PM   #4
Bebo

Going to the Western NC Boat and RV show this weekend....only to see what the latest and greatest ideas are and get ideas of what we could do different....always love new ideas
Bebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 05:47 PM   #5
Tbos

I’ll be at the Richmond VA RV Show this Friday. An upgrade is coming soon.

2016 Passport GT 2810BHS, 2016 F350 CC DRW
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 06:15 PM   #6
Canonman

Quote:
Originally Posted by notanlines View Post
Dorrie, in this day and age if a salesman lets a woman walk just to talk to a couple instead, they are making a grave mistake. I know of two young ladies on this site, one in Minnesota and one in Georgia who wouldn't give those salesmen the time of day after being treated like that. Most couples we know bought their RV's on the say-so of the wife. I believe it was a wise old orator who once said "If Momma ain't happy ain't nobody happy."
You got that RIGHT!!
I had picked out a different brand and model. DW didn't like the "chair". Really! We settled on the Cougar because the chair was "better"
I still pine for the one I liked but: "Happy Wife, Happy Life"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_1170.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	189.3 KB
ID:	15257  
I think the little voices in my head have started a chat group.
Canonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 06:35 PM   #7
kjohn

Went to the Four Seasons (dealership) RV show at Brandon, MB on Saturday. Although we aren't looking to buy a trailer, I wanted to go and check out the whole affair. We bought a new 21RBS Cougar from them last year and have been very satisfied with them.

No doubt there are much bigger shows, but this one was very nicely done. They towed 80 units from Virden to Brandon. The salesman we bought from told me it takes all 80 employees to put the show on. I believe him!
Old 02-19-2018, 07:53 AM   #8
EagleandFox

Checked out the Boat/Sports/RV show here in Duluth and also a local RV Dealer's open house. Not looking to buy, just bored! Noticed though, that a lot, I mean A LOT, of campers had blue lighting inside and out. We don't really care for it - maybe it's a younger generation thing?! LOL But, it's a good sign, after looking at all those campers, that we still love ours and know we made the right choice! HAPPY CAMPING!
EagleandFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 07:50 PM   #9
RLo

We walked around the Camper show 2 weeks ago in Minneapolis and out of all the 5ers we walked through we found 1 that was what we wanted/would work for us. MN needs to add about 10 feet to its triple tow length, would make camper shopping a lot easier.
RLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 07:59 PM   #10
JRTJH
Site Team

RLo,

10' may not be enough.... Michigan's triple tow max length is 75'. We have a Superduty crewcab short bed, a 31' fifth wheel and a Tracker bass boat. Total length is right at 74'. If I had the fifth wheel I'd like to have, we'd be pushing 80'.... That's the reason I haven't built a bigger pole barn and bought a 37' fifth wheel, we just couldn't tow the way we want to... So, if you're gonna lobby the state boys to increase the max length, you might want to just push for 85' and settle for 80... LOL

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 08:06 PM   #11
Ductape

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
RLo,

10' may not be enough.... Michigan's triple tow max length is 75'. We have a Superduty crewcab short bed, a 31' fifth wheel and a Tracker bass boat. Total length is right at 74'. If I had the fifth wheel I'd like to have, we'd be pushing 80'.... That's the reason I haven't built a bigger pole barn and bought a 37' fifth wheel, we just couldn't tow the way we want to... So, if you're gonna lobby the state boys to increase the max length, you might want to just push for 85' and settle for 80... LOL

Just get a much smaller boat !
Ductape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 08:07 PM   #12
RLo

I hear ya, with my current set up if I park just right I can get under the 70’ mark. When I get my new boat In a couple years I will be ok....until it is time for a new camper anyway.
RLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 08:09 PM   #13
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ductape View Post
Just get a much smaller boat !
I was looking at bigger boats just last weekend..... If I did get the one I'd like to have, I'd need a 10' fifth wheel to stay under the 75' limit ROFL

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 07:07 PM   #14
Gegrad

Just went to the Raleigh show for the NC RV dealers association winter shows. Quite a big show, unfotunately there are almost zero Keystone products present. Saw one Fuzion TH, about 8 Bullets (all from one dealer), 2 Premiers, 4 Hideouts, 2 Springdales... and a well over a hundred Forest River products. I have been several years in a row now and it shouldnn't surprise me; NC dealers stock very few Keystone products.
Gegrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 04:29 AM   #15
CrazyCain

Question

[QUOTE=Gegrad;275017]Just went to the Raleigh show for the NC RV dealers association winter shows. Quite a big show, unfotunately there are almost zero Keystone products present. Saw one Fuzion TH, about 8 Bullets (all from one dealer), 2 Premiers, 4 Hideouts, 2 Springdales... and a well over a hundred Forest River products. I have been several years in a row now and it shouldnn't surprise me; NC dealers stock very few Keystone products.[/QUOT

Brings me to a thought, wonder where Keystone products are sold the most (states)..

2011 Chevy Silverado
1500, HD Tow Package
:
Old 03-17-2018, 03:36 PM   #16
CrazyCain

Just came back from the Rv show in Flint Michigan, small size show, only like 65 rigs to look at. Disappointed that there were only 2 Keystones there and both Bullet Premiers. Lots of Jayco's and Forest Rivers.. Had a nice looking KZ Connect 251RK that caught my eye, briefly....

2011 Chevy Silverado
1500, HD Tow Package
:
Old 03-17-2018, 06:26 PM   #17
CaptnJohn

[QUOTE=CrazyCain;276513]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gegrad View Post
Just went to the Raleigh show for the NC RV dealers association winter shows. Quite a big show, unfotunately there are almost zero Keystone products present. Saw one Fuzion TH, about 8 Bullets (all from one dealer), 2 Premiers, 4 Hideouts, 2 Springdales... and a well over a hundred Forest River products. I have been several years in a row now and it shouldnn't surprise me; NC dealers stock very few Keystone products.[/QUOT

Brings me to a thought, wonder where Keystone products are sold the most (states)..

Here at the SE corner of NC we are close to Myrtle Beach. CW there handles Keystone, and is where I bought my last 3.
In 2017 CW in Myrtle sold over 2000 units, the most of all CW locations. Not sure how many were Keystone but I'm sure a lot were. There are always a lot of cougars and montanas in stock. Those are the only models I looked at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2022.Montana 3855 BR
2019 F350 6.7 4X4 DRW
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote