Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Old 01-24-2018, 03:08 PM   #1
sourdough
Site Team

Full Timing options, retirement etc.

Here is an article I came across that is a bit lengthy but has some ideas on how to full time, be a work camper and ways to make full timing work. In case there is anyone out there that would want to pursue those things

https://fortmyers.floridaweekly.com/...-that-rv-life/
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 05:28 PM   #2
rhagfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
Here is an article I came across that is a bit lengthy but has some ideas on how to full time, be a work camper and ways to make full timing work. In case there is anyone out there that would want to pursue those things

https://fortmyers.floridaweekly.com/...-that-rv-life/
Have not read the article, but we came to the conclusion about four years ago that we would look into Park Hosting as a retirement pastime. We have lived in both Washington and Oregon, but always preferred Oregon SP.
We tested the waters for three summers at a local park that we could still work our full time jobs, and host.
Then last January we came to the Oregon coast for a month of vacation from work, and spent the month of only hosting. We loved it and were already set up for most of the next year. We are now six months into it and still loving it. Keeps us active and we meet some great people.
Visit and enjoy Oregon State Parks
rhagfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 06:09 PM   #3
Steveo57

We're retired and this will be my second summer that I will be spending 5 1/2 months as a volunteer campground host in a Maine state park. It's a volunteer position so no pay and that works for us.

My wife stays home and watches our granddaughter and cones up and visits during the summer. I'll make the trip home every once in a while too, it's a four hour drive though so I don't do it often.

I'd like to get out and do more hosting with DW in different places but that's going to have to wait until the granddaughter is in school in a few years.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Old 01-24-2018, 06:14 PM   #4
cpaulsen

We tried hosting for a month 5 years ago...........then retired 4 1/2 years ago and have been hosting for Oregon State Parks since!!! We are booked for the next 2 years now.
cpaulsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 08:46 PM   #5
travelin texans

We've been fulltime for almost 10 years & there all kinds of opportunities to work as much or as little as you want. One word of advice, be absolutely clear on what the job duties are, the amount of hours required, what is the total compensation is whether site/electric only, site/electric/pay & be firm in what duties you will/will not do, its not a career just something to help pass time & feel useful. The great thing is we're mobil, don't like where we're at, hook up & move on!
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote