Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 07-06-2019, 03:36 PM   #1
08quadram

Power at living vent on bullet?

Does anyone know it there is power at the living room vent on a 2019 Bullet 269rls? Our passport had crank out windows, i would leave a few open along with the roof vents all summer while parked at the house. Never had to worry about it raining in. Did wonders to keep the inside cooler. We recently bought this new bullet and it has sliding windows except for the one in the bedroom. First thing I did was put maxair II vent covers on, but without the windows open, it gets hot inside.

So, I thought I would look at replacing a roof vent with an exhaust fan. Easiest is the bathroom as it has power, but since the hood over the kitchen doesn't exhaust outside, I figured the on in the living area would be a better option . I could kill two birds with one stone.
1-wife / 1-dog / 2-kids
08quadram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 06:57 AM   #2
DCARLTON

On our 30RIPR there wasn't available 12 volt power that wasn't controlled by a switch. I was able to run a wire from the overhead vent over to the cabinet above the fuse panel, fish it through and attach it to a 12 volt connection. I then installed a vortex fan in the vent. It looks like on your model the run from the vent to the panel should be fairly easy to do.
Georgia
DCARLTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 07:11 AM   #3
Carrottop

I did not do mine myself. But my dealer did that way as well. as they could not take the power from the overhead lights as they are controlled by a switch. They used the overhead vent switch and it has worked flawlessly for two years now. We also got one with a remote and we just set the temp on the remote and it turns on automatically and vents out the hot air.
2015 Nissan Armada 5.6
2021 Keystone Residence 40FLFT
Carrottop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 06:17 PM   #4
08quadram

Thanks. I'll have to look into further. Sure don't want it wired to the lights.
1-wife / 1-dog / 2-kids
08quadram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 07:57 PM   #5
busterbrown

Looking at the floorplan of a 269RLS, the vent is directly in front of the range hood. By removing the microwave, it should be relatively easy to fish 12 volt wire from the vent opening in the ceiling to the rear of the cabinet that houses the microwave. I just cut a couple of 2 inch holes in the ceiling adjacent to the exterior wall. Then ran the wires down through the the same hole that has the hood power wires. Tap into the hood light or hood fan and you'll have uninterrupted power for the MaxxAIR. A little white duct tape will cover the holes behind the microwave. The microwave and trim piece will conceal all the wires.
Hensley SwiftArrow Control Hitch with 1000 lb Spring Bars
Me, DW, (3) little DS's, and 1 rambunctious Boston Terrier

busterbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 06:12 AM   #6
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by busterbrown View Post
Looking at the floorplan of a 269RLS, the vent is directly in front of the range hood. By removing the microwave, it should be relatively easy to fish 12 volt wire from the vent opening in the ceiling to the rear of the cabinet that houses the microwave. I just cut a couple of 2 inch holes in the ceiling adjacent to the exterior wall. Then ran the wires down through the the same hole that has the hood power wires. Tap into the hood light or hood fan and you'll have uninterrupted power for the MaxxAIR. A little white duct tape will cover the holes behind the microwave. The microwave and trim piece will conceal all the wires.
A word of caution for anyone who is not quite as familiar with their RV as busterbrown: BE CAREFUL using a hole saw at the corners of an RV roof !!!!!

The typical hole saw has a drill bit in the center. That drill bit is usually about 1-2 inches longer than the "teeth" on the saw. There's often only about 1" of clearance at the edges of an RV roof and the ceiling panel. So, make sure of your clearance BEFORE you drill those 2" holes. Otherwise, you may wind up with an "unintended" drill bit hole through your TPO roof membrane.

I'm not suggesting you don't drill holes there, just be sure of what you're doing before you have "unintended consequences" to deal with.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bullet, power, vent