Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 06-29-2019, 10:11 AM   #1
ubetcha

Water heater concern

I have started to have a concern with getting several seconds (wife states up to about 10seconds) of hot water when turning on the cold water. I have tried replacing the cold water check valve to no avail. The only other change i have made is to replace the kitchen and bathroom sink faucets with house hold units that are not cheap plastic. Also replaced the water heater winterizing bypass valve just in case it was not closing properly. My camper is a 2017 Keystone Hideout and according to my wife, we didn't have the problem the first year. I can't see that the faucet replacement would cause this, but I've been wrong before.
ubetcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 10:56 AM   #2
travelin texans

Be sure the faucet knobs are turned off at the outside shower if equipped, that will mix the hot/cold.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 01:11 PM   #3
ubetcha

Yes, that's one of the first things I checked. Thanks

]
Old 06-29-2019, 01:56 PM   #4
sourdough
Site Team

If it's not the outdoor faucet.....

Is it hot where you are camping? I've had that issue in the past if we're in a hot place and my fresh water hose is in the sun. The water can come in pretty warm, sometimes actually hot for several seconds until the water that was standing in the hose is gone.
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 02:11 PM   #5
LHaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
Is it hot where you are camping?
Amusing related anecdote: where my son lives in the Phoenix Valley, he actually turns his water heater off every summer so he can have a source of COLD water for the house. His cold water faucet delivers consistently hot water from the street feed, and his hot water faucet delivers cold water from his indoor water heater tank.
Old 06-29-2019, 05:36 PM   #6
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHaven View Post
Amusing related anecdote: where my son lives in the Phoenix Valley, he actually turns his water heater off every summer so he can have a source of COLD water for the house. His cold water faucet delivers consistently hot water from the street feed, and his hot water faucet delivers cold water from his indoor water heater tank.
We live in a rv resort between Phoenix/Tucson that their water storage is in large stainless storage tanks & this time of year the the cold water is hotter than the heated hot water & do as he does, use the water heater to cool it down.
If it's not the outside shower, check the water heater bypass, maybe it's not completely closed.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 06:18 PM   #7
ubetcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
If it's not the outdoor faucet.....

Is it hot where you are camping? I've had that issue in the past if we're in a hot place and my fresh water hose is in the sun. The water can come in pretty warm, sometimes actually hot for several seconds until the water that was standing in the hose is gone.
It will happen either using the campsite water connection or using the fresh water onboard tank.

Tags
heat, heater, water, water heater