Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 01-05-2018, 12:29 PM   #1
dirt33

Champion 3100 inverter generator - help needed

Hello. I opened up the panel on my generator today to change the oil, and noticed a small clear hose laying in the bottom of the housing. There are two clear hoses that exit the bottom of the generator through a small hole, with the ends of the hoses resting just above the surface of the ground. One of the hoses is hooked up to the bottom of the carburetor bowl, to drain it if needed. The other hose certainly "should" be hooked up to something, however I do remember snagging the bottom portion of the hose (that sticks out below the bottom of the generator) on something awhile back, and it must have pulled the other end of the hose off of "whatever it is supposed to be hooked up to" within the generator case. I will post a photo of the generator, and the hose in question. Just hoping that someone else who has this model can look inside of theirs, to see what that hose is supposed to be hooked up to. I looked all around inside of the case (as best as a person can), and can't see any obvious ports, etc. Also looked online, and have not yet had any luck finding a photo, diagram, etc. In the bottom photo, the hose in question is circled in red. On the right of the image, the hoses exit the bottom of the case. The rest of that hose is just laying in the bottom of the case.

Thank you.

dirt33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 01:29 PM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

I do not have that generator. I did pull up the manual and can see the carb and drain line - although the drain line is never mentioned in anything relating to description or part. I could not see anything resembling a 2nd tube. Here's the link if you don't have it

https://www.electricgeneratorsdirect...cb78ab73d1.pdf
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 04:59 PM   #3
bobbecky

On page 27, there is a part #79, described as a breather tube, which may be a crankcase breather?? You might get in there and find a fitting that the hose will connect to.
bobbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 07:00 PM   #4
Mike L123

small ID plastic hose should be attached to a nipple on the side of the carb, upper portion, hard to see of course!

Mike
Carol, My wonderful wife of 41 years
Kenzie Schweenie Tod, our furry faced Shih 't n Dash
Mike L123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 04:34 PM   #5
dirt33

Thank you all for your help/ideas. Mike L123, you were right, there was a nipple on the back side of the carb that this hose slips on. I had to disassemble the generator more than I had wanted to, in order to access the location. That actually turned out to be a blessing, as it revealed some stress/vibration-related damage elsewhere in the casing itself, and I was able to get that repaired before it totally gave out.

Thank you again.
dirt33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
generator