Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Tow Vehicles
Click Here to Login

Old 09-02-2018, 08:11 AM   #21
SkiSmuggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Mustanger View Post
I'm definitely going to find a means of knowing when it's completed the regen cycle. that new filter along with a tube to one of the turbos that blew off due to the increased pressure from the clog cost me $4500. If this truck wasn't already paid for I would have traded it in on the spot, or maybe gone across the highway to dark side (Chevy dealer).
That tube was probably the intercooler cold pipe that is plastic. It mates to the metal intake which causes the heating/cooling cycles to weaken it and it bursts from increased turbo pressure as when towing. I replaced mine with an aftermarket one from Rudy's Diesel that I found on Amazon. H&S and Mishimoto also make them for more. The cold pipe has been know to burst in as little as 25,000 miles or go for over 100K. Turbo pressure increases with power demand so tow vehicles are more susceptible to early failure. The dealer will probably charge about $500 or more for replacement, so I suspect you had more than just a blown cold pipe.
Old 09-02-2018, 11:15 AM   #22
roadglide

On my 13 duramax it went into derated at Sturgis . The dealer that took me in was 15 miles away I was down to 20 mph . They plugged it too rev the motor 30 minutes to clean the particle filters . The reason unknown for sure but I never had trouble with the particle filters after that .
2018 Milwaukee 8 FLRTU roadglide glide ultra
2018 800 Z force spot BUGGY.
500 watts of solar enough power for boon docking.
roadglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 11:36 AM   #23
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadglide View Post
On my 13 duramax it went into derated at Sturgis . The dealer that took me in was 15 miles away I was down to 20 mph . They plugged it too rev the motor 30 minutes to clean the particle filters . The reason unknown for sure but I never had trouble with the particle filters after that .
My '13 did that once also at about 75k miles, same fix, no problems since, now has 124k miles. I can never tell when it's in regen, occasionally it sounds like the fan clutch kicks into high gear which I
assume is the regen cycle.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 11:43 AM   #24
SkiSmuggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadglide View Post
That process in called a manual regeneration. I can do it on my Powerstroke with my Edge CTS. I don't know if that feature is available on the CT2 for Duramax and Cummins, but certainly worth exploring. The Edge Evolution in a tuning device, but the Edge Insight that I have is just a gauge cluster and diagnostic/maintenance device.
Old 09-03-2018, 07:09 AM   #25
sdetweil

on the Fords, prior to a TSB in 2011, the cleaning message used to stay on the screen during the whole regen, but it blocked the other info. Ford changed it to only flash for a couple seconds to eliminate that problem.

for Android there is an App.. Torque Pro (not free) that will let you setup and display different truck parameters.. including if regen is active

I maintain an installable plugin for the 6.7l diesel computer sensor definitions (PIDs) for this app.
it can be downloaded from my dropbox
Torque Pro SuperDuty PIDS plugin

we also discuss the PIDs and any potential new ones here
Ford Trucks forum Torque Pro topic
Old 09-03-2018, 09:44 AM   #26
scottz

How are you connecting your android device to the OBD port?

Will this one work? https://www.amazon.com/Panlong-Bluet...=obdii+adapter
scottz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 10:20 AM   #27
roadglide

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiSmuggs View Post
That process in called a manual regeneration. I can do it on my Powerstroke with my Edge CTS. I don't know if that feature is available on the CT2 for Duramax and Cummins, but certainly worth exploring. The Edge Evolution in a tuning device, but the Edge Insight that I have is just a gauge cluster and diagnostic/maintenance device.
It cost 100 for the regeneration
2018 Milwaukee 8 FLRTU roadglide glide ultra
2018 800 Z force spot BUGGY.
500 watts of solar enough power for boon docking.
roadglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 02:41 PM   #28
scottz

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdetweil View Post
on the Fords, prior to a TSB in 2011, the cleaning message used to stay on the screen during the whole regen, but it blocked the other info. Ford changed it to only flash for a couple seconds to eliminate that problem.

for Android there is an App.. Torque Pro (not free) that will let you setup and display different truck parameters.. including if regen is active

I maintain an installable plugin for the 6.7l diesel computer sensor definitions (PIDs) for this app.

Thanks for posting this. I have the app and your PIDs; OBD Bluetooth adapter on order.

Question; In the settings on Torque Pro, I have set all the units to British units, however, some of the displays (EOT, TFT, ECT 1&2, TPM's) display in metric units (C & KPA). What am I doing wrong?
scottz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 06:25 PM   #29
vampress_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdetweil View Post

I loved when our old 2009 F-350 would display the regen message the whole time it was regenning. And complained to the dealer when they flashed the computer and took that away...did no good of course! Ever since, you would only know if that truck or the new one was regenning if I caught it for the couple of seconds it’s in the display. One of the dumbest moves made by Ford as far as I was concerned since even if I’m close to home, I will drive until the regen is done, and it’s kind of nice to know when it’s finished.

With this truck, hubby downloaded OBD Fusion to my iPhone and with a plug-in in the OBD port, I now know my exhaust temps, when it is regenning (and how high the temps get), and other things I don’t necessailry pay much attention to. But I love that app when I am towing.

2019 F-350 diesel 4x4 CC LB DRW, not the mom taxi anymore...
2021 Alliance Paradigm 340RL
2016 F-350 diesel 4x4 CC LB SRW, mom taxi - sold
2014 Cougar XLite 28RDB - sold
vampress_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 07:42 PM   #30
sdetweil

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottz View Post
Thanks for posting this. I have the app and your PIDs; OBD Bluetooth adapter on order.

Question; In the settings on Torque Pro, I have set all the units to British units, however, some of the displays (EOT, TFT, ECT 1&2, TPM's) display in metric units (C & KPA). What am I doing wrong?
If u added the display to the tp panel in c/kpa setting mode, they will not change until ecu data is presented in the current profile settings mode.
sdetweil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 07:43 PM   #31
sdetweil

I like it both ways. Wish they would add a panel to the display so we could monitor Regen
Old 09-03-2018, 07:47 PM   #32
sdetweil

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottz View Post
How are you connecting your android device to the OBD port?

Will this one work? https://www.amazon.com/Panlong-Bluet...=obdii+adapter
I use an Elm327 odb2 Bluetooth adapter I got from eBay a couple years ago.
sdetweil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 06:53 PM   #33
Irv gates

On my 2009 f350 drw the that infro on cleaning the Parti filter stays on for a good minute.
Irv gates is offline   Reply With Quote