Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 11-08-2017, 11:18 AM   #1
Tinner12002

Zero-gravity ramp door leaking

Has anyone with a Fuzion or a Raptor had issues with their zero-gravity ramp door leaking? I took mine in yesterday and the service manager said they have had some other cases of the door not sealing properly. He said Keystone was looking into a fix for the situation.
Tinner12002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 03:37 PM   #2
mikz86ta

Our rear has never had an issue and it uses the nicer internal lock/latch mechanism.
Our side patio has the fold away outer latch bars like a semi trailer door has. Seems the top never rest as far in as bottom and it will get water inside during hard rains.
Lucky the outside outlet, outside speakers and sliding glass door are well sealed.
mikz86ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 02:59 AM   #3
Tinner12002

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikz86ta View Post
Our rear has never had an issue and it uses the nicer internal lock/latch mechanism.
Our side patio has the fold away outer latch bars like a semi trailer door has. Seems the top never rest as far in as bottom and it will get water inside during hard rains.
Lucky the outside outlet, outside speakers and sliding glass door are well sealed.
Mine is also setup that way, haven't experienced any issues with side patio leaking. I probably wouldn't have noticed the ramp door leaking had I not had an issues with the hand rail being closed wrong and one of the toe releases poking a hole in the textured surface of the ramp which now takes in water when it rains with the door not sealing properly. They are looking at both issues now.
Old 11-09-2017, 08:14 AM   #4
Nailz

We have the same type of ramp door. When we did the PDI at the dealer I noticed daylight along the top edge of the door from inside the garage. The dealer found that the gasket was coming loose and had been pinched/crushed in several places. The dealer replaced the gasket on the top and along the sides. I am not sure what they used but the door seals extremely well now. In fact it can be difficult to get the door latched due to the stiffness of the gasket. I prefer this even though sometimes it is a pain to get latched. I am hoping that the seal "breaks in" a little over time.

2018 FR XLR Nitro 35VL5
2013 Ford F250 SRW 4x4 6.7L, Air Lift 5K Ultimate, B&W Turnoverball Gooseneck Hitch, Andersen Ultimate Aluminum 5th Wheel Connection
2008 Honda Goldwing
Veteran
Nailz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 10:36 AM   #5
Tinner12002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nailz View Post
We have the same type of ramp door. When we did the PDI at the dealer I noticed daylight along the top edge of the door from inside the garage. The dealer found that the gasket was coming loose and had been pinched/crushed in several places. The dealer replaced the gasket on the top and along the sides. I am not sure what they used but the door seals extremely well now. In fact it can be difficult to get the door latched due to the stiffness of the gasket. I prefer this even though sometimes it is a pain to get latched. I am hoping that the seal "breaks in" a little over time.
They told me at the dealer in order for the door to latch easily, to open the garage side door to relieve the pressure inside the garage.
Old 11-10-2017, 07:12 AM   #6
Nailz

That makes too much sense! LOL Thanks for the tip. We are camping this weekend and will try this out.

2018 FR XLR Nitro 35VL5
2013 Ford F250 SRW 4x4 6.7L, Air Lift 5K Ultimate, B&W Turnoverball Gooseneck Hitch, Andersen Ultimate Aluminum 5th Wheel Connection
2008 Honda Goldwing
Veteran
Old 11-10-2017, 09:36 AM   #7
Racebug

I noticed a little water on the inside of mine at the top right under where the rear awning is, but only after I pressure washed the outside. I doubt rain would leak in otherwise.

2017 Fuzion 417
2018 Ram 3500 Longhorn
Racebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 11:29 AM   #8
mikz86ta

Also watch the cables. Out rear door has a tendency for the support cables to get caught in the sides.
One thing also about the internal rotating latches we have, the cables get in the way as well. I have to be mindful about where they hang inside as I shut the rear ramp door.
The side patio isn't as big deal. They have the aforementioned outside latches and they seem to never get caught in the jamb as I close it.
mikz86ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 04:22 AM   #9
spicercars

Its really kind of a bad design but im not sure how else to put a door on the back of an rv. I cant believe they don't put a bigger drip rail above the door and that would help with the leaking under a hard rain. I have never had any problems with mine (knock on wood) and hope I never do. Hope the dealer can fix it for you.
Old 11-12-2017, 04:43 AM   #10
Tinner12002

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicercars View Post
Its really kind of a bad design but im not sure how else to put a door on the back of an rv. I cant believe they don't put a bigger drip rail above the door and that would help with the leaking under a hard rain. I have never had any problems with mine (knock on wood) and hope I never do. Hope the dealer can fix it for you.
I have the rear awning but its a little too high to help protect the top edge of the door. I had thought of making a nice SS drip edge and install it just above the door. Its funny because when I dropped off the RV the other day, I had that very same discussion with the service guy, wondering why they don't use them even on top of the slide outs to help keep water from sitting on the top edge and freezing...too big of a cost I guess. I may still install one on the rear door and the side patio, I'll just have to be mindful of what may be in behind the panels when I screw them on. Having Dometic slide toppers put on while they have the RV so that will take care of the slides.
Old 11-12-2017, 08:47 AM   #11
notanlines

Tinner, any sheet metal shop in town will make you two of the shields (probably aluminum) for a lot less than you can buy stainless and fool with yourself. Plus they will put a hem on the outside edge to help with the strength. Although with the name Tinner I may be telling you something you already knew.....
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 10:52 AM   #12
spicercars

I thought at one time I saw some on camping worlds website. They where tinted plastic like the vent visors for car and truck side windows.
Old 11-12-2017, 04:49 PM   #13
Nailz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinner12002 View Post
They told me at the dealer in order for the door to latch easily, to open the garage side door to relieve the pressure inside the garage.
Just tried this tip this weekend and it worked perfectly. Thanks again!

Curtis

2018 FR XLR Nitro 35VL5
2008 Honda Goldwing
Veteran
Old 11-13-2017, 02:49 AM   #14
Tinner12002

Quote:
Originally Posted by notanlines View Post
Tinner, any sheet metal shop in town will make you two of the shields (probably aluminum) for a lot less than you can buy stainless and fool with yourself. Plus they will put a hem on the outside edge to help with the strength. Although with the name Tinner I may be telling you something you something not so new.....
Lol, you are correct, other than I can go to the shop from where I retired and make it from nearly anything I want and in whatever design I wish. I will need to research whats behind the panels first then that will my springtime project.
Old 07-05-2018, 09:01 PM   #15
RAPTER

Zero gravity door

Just purchased a 2018 RAPTOR toy hauler having the same problem with the ramp door leaking it doesn't latch tight enough at the top even though the door is locked there is about 3/4 of an inch play at the top . Does anyone know if there is an adjustment on the latching assembly and what the procedure is to fix this .
RAPTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 01:54 AM   #16
Tinner12002

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPTER View Post
Just purchased a 2018 RAPTOR toy hauler having the same problem with the ramp door leaking it doesn't latch tight enough at the top even though the door is locked there is about 3/4 of an inch play at the top . Does anyone know if there is an adjustment on the latching assembly and what the procedure is to fix this .
Yes, open your side entry door before you shut the ramp. Everything seems to seal pretty good so when you shut the ramp without relieving the air pressure in the garage it works against the ramp not allowing it to shut completely.
Old 07-08-2018, 10:46 PM   #17
roadglide

I used ratchit strap from the ramp latch to happy Jack bed rail. That pulled it back into to shape and I know longer use the strap for now .
2018 Milwaukee 8 FLRTU roadglide glide ultra
2018 800 Z force spot BUGGY.
500 watts of solar enough power for boon docking.
roadglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 08:36 AM   #18
whcarr

Our 2017 371 fusion Xedition our rear door leaked while driving when raining found quite a gap around door, dealer found latch brackets on ramp misaligned, after drilling a bunch of holes in the ramp they got them properly installed. And as noted always have a door open.
whcarr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak