Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 09-01-2023, 12:11 PM   #1
charlie75

Slide wont retract

We just purchased a brand new 2022 Cougar 316RLS, and are having an intermittent problems with one of the slides not coming in when using the "In Command" panel inside the trailer. I hear a click from behind the wall but nothing moves, if I hit the out button I get the normal ratchiting noice so I know that there is power and a signal getting to the motor. I go to the main panel in the storage compartment (basement), hit the reset, try it again with no success, hit reset again, select the motor with the dial on the main panel and I can get the slide to go in using this switch on the main panel. As I said this is an intermittent problem, sometimes everything works fine from the panel inside the trailer, other times I can only get it to go in from the main panel in the basement. Any suggestion would be welcomed, we are taking it back to the dealer where we purchased it but before we go I want to get all the information I can get. Sorry if this is confusing, new to site and is my first post.
charlie75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2023, 12:19 PM   #2
Raptor Dave

Hi Charlie.....
Just picked up a new Raptor 352 and pretty much have the same problem.
See my thread in the toy hauler section.

I think they run into a bad batch of relays that they installed in these units.
I switched around some of the relays and was able to go out but in or in but not out.
I found some exact replacements at Jameco.com for 2.49 plus shipping if you order 10 of them. I still waiting for them to come in but really feel this is the problem...BAD relays.
I'll report back once I receive the new ones and let you know if my assumption is correct.

Warranty or not I hate taking the unit in and leaving it with a dealer.

It's not camping...It's an adventure!
Raptor Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2023, 12:44 PM   #3
charlie75

thanks for the info and quick reply
Old 09-01-2023, 01:12 PM   #4
Raptor Dave

The relay pictured at Jameco looks to have a metal tab on it but they should just pull off. You won't need them for the command system.
I've been told the number on the bottom right is just a manufacturer batch number and shouldn't matter if it's different than what you have.
Just order the LD-12F

Hope this helps and all it is for you.

Old 09-05-2023, 01:21 PM   #5
Raptor Dave

Hi Charlie...
Just wanted to let you know I've updated my thread in the toy hauler section...

https://www.keystoneforums.com/forum...ad.php?t=55729

Were you able to get yours figured out?

Old 09-06-2023, 04:51 AM   #6
charlie75

Glad to hear that it has worked out for you. I take our Cougar to the dealer next week and have already discussed with them your problem and your suggestion, now I can let them know it worked. Thanks again
Old 09-06-2023, 06:48 AM   #7
Raptor Dave

You're Welcome.
Let us know how it turns out for you.
Hope it's as easy as mine was....so far!

Old 09-10-2023, 07:33 AM   #8
bigrockk

If you want to try something easy yourself this may help:

Either from a diagram or by going to the panel (BCM) try to determine which relay operates when the slide is pulled in. You can try to pull in the slide from the panel (or the phone app) and feel the relays to determine which one is "clicking". Once you figure that out just swap the relay with another one on the board, I believe they are all the same and the numbers on the relays will verify that. ( Mark the suspected bad relay with a piece of tape so it doesn't get mixed up later)
Once you have swapped relays, if the slide starts working normally you can pretty well guarantee the original relay is bad.
This may save you a trip to the dealer, good luck!
bigrockk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2023, 11:43 AM   #9
Readi2Roll

Make sure your battery is fully charged , otherwise slide and awning will not work. Having it on shore power with a low battery will still not solve the problem.
Also, if plugged into shore power, in command will show what it is charging the battery at/ not necessarily what voltage the battery has. You can unplug shore power and then recheck voltage on the display for a more accurate actual battery voltage
Good luck!
And... the folks at in command tech support are very good at helping you troubleshoot / May save you a dealer trip
Readi2Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2023, 11:03 AM   #10
charlie75

From what we have figured out it was a bad relay, after we switched out the relay with a new one all seems to be working fine. I’m sure that I will be holding my breath for a while every time I need move the slide but I am hoping that this solved the problem. Thanks for all of your suggestions, they were very helpful.
Old 09-16-2023, 02:36 PM   #11
bigrockk

Good to hear it's working again. This is our 5th year using the incommand system, was a little apprehensive at first but have really come to like it a lot, wouldn't want to do without it. Hopefully I'll feel the same after 5 more years
Old 09-16-2023, 02:57 PM   #12
Raptor Dave

I'm still getting used to the in command.
With the travel lock out feature it is a pita to have to go into and unlock it every time I stop to set up. (unless I'm missing something)
Also having to get in the battery box side door to do any leveling adjustments/ auto level just plan sucks.
Our Winnebago had the Lippert one control system which in my opinion is a step above. I never had to go to the control board in the wagon for anything and ran everything the wagon had to offer off my phone.
A much better system all around.

Glad it was a simple relay fix you.
Grab a couple extras and carry them in the camping/adventure survival pack.

Old 09-17-2023, 12:30 PM   #13
bigrockk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor Dave View Post
I'm still getting used to the in command.
With the travel lock out feature it is a pita to have to go into and unlock it every time I stop to set up. (unless I'm missing something)
Also having to get in the battery box side door to do any leveling adjustments/ auto level just plan sucks.
Our Winnebago had the Lippert one control system which in my opinion is a step above. I never had to go to the control board in the wagon for anything and ran everything the wagon had to offer off my phone.
A much better system all around.
Not sure why you have to go in to unlock it, I have never had to do that.

I get the rig where I want it, unplug from the truck, plug my unit into the post to power up the converter and away I go.
That being said my auto level is the Lippert system with the control panel in the basement. Everything else is done with the incommand app on my phone.

Try unplugging from the truck first before you start, i'm guessing that is why it is staying in "travel lock"??
Old 09-17-2023, 01:48 PM   #14
Raptor Dave

That's what I have been doing.
Pull in to set up.
I can drop the front stabilizers from the phone to disconnect from the truck.
Everything else is greyed out until I go inside and remove a "travel lock" that is on the inside panel.

I have the Lippert level control in the battery box compartment also. I am not complaining about Lippert. A top notch customer service company.
I don't know why Keystone didn't integrate them into their in command system so we could still run that off the phone app also like I could off the Lippert one control system?

Tags
slide