Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Old 01-19-2012, 08:44 AM   #1
jerseyphil

MaxxAir

I purchased 2 MaxxAir vent covers through Amazon.com. One was perfect. The inside screen on the second one had a plastic tab broken.

I sent MaxxAir an email requesting a replacement. Someone replied almost immediately and said they would send a replacement the next day.

True to his word, the replacement came very quickly. I noticed it was sent "Priority Mail". Cost them $5.25 just for postage. Although I'm sure they made good money on the product, it is such a good feeling when a company responds to customers like that.

I am so happy I chose the MaxxAir product and not some unknown alternative. It really pays in the long run.

Phil
jerseyphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 08:56 AM   #2
jje1960

Vents

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyphil View Post
I purchased 2 MaxxAir vent covers through Amazon.com. One was perfect. The inside screen on the second one had a plastic tab broken.

I sent MaxxAir an email requesting a replacement. Someone replied almost immediately and said they would send a replacement the next day.

True to his word, the replacement came very quickly. I noticed it was sent "Priority Mail". Cost them $5.25 just for postage. Although I'm sure they made good money on the product, it is such a good feeling when a company responds to customers like that.

I am so happy I chose the MaxxAir product and not some unknown alternative. It really pays in the long run.

Phil
You bet. I had a couple of the Maxx units on our TT, was awesome, the airflow while driving kept the unit so much cooler without worry about the vent covers getting destroyed or rain issues. On the list for this spring to install one in the front of the SRX, came with one in the garage from factory.
jje1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 09:05 AM   #3
jerseyphil

Quote:
Originally Posted by jje1960 View Post
You bet. I had a couple of the Maxx units on our TT, was awesome, the airflow while driving kept the unit so much cooler without worry about the vent covers getting destroyed or rain issues. On the list for this spring to install one in the front of the SRX, came with one in the garage from factory.
Our 318SAB came with a vent cover over the kitchen vent, but two other vents had none, so I purchased the MaxxAirs.

Nice Truck, by the way.

Phil
Old 01-19-2012, 09:22 AM   #4
jje1960

Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyphil View Post
Our 318SAB came with a vent cover over the kitchen vent, but two other vents had none, so I purchased the MaxxAirs.

Nice Truck, by the way.

Phil
First diesel I've ever owned, has been affectionately been named "The Beast". We love this truck. I ordered it from the factory with exactly what we wanted, in our opinion saved a bunch. While overseas, I researched the Ford website and knew exactly what we wanted, ordered it from the local dealer while on last R&R, literally picked it up my first day home! Ordered only the "beef", no leather or unnecessary gadgets. We only purchased it to pull the SRX, so did not even order with carpeting, went with full width carpet mats. Only option that I do regret not ordering is the rapid heat, it takes like 10mi to get it up-2-temp. One of the neatest thinks we like is... while in tow mode, use cruise control, system automatically downshifts on grades, keeps speed without getting on the brakes. Sorry to go on about it!... just the nicest vehicle I've ever owned in my life.
Old 01-19-2012, 09:28 AM   #5
jerseyphil

Quote:
First diesel I've ever owned, has been affectionately been named "The Beast". We love this truck. I ordered it from the factory with exactly what we wanted, in our opinion saved a bunch. While overseas, I researched the Ford website and knew exactly what we wanted, ordered it from the local dealer while on last R&R, literally picked it up my first day home! Ordered only the "beef", no leather or unnecessary gadgets. We only purchased it to pull the SRX, so did not even order with carpeting, went with full width carpet mats. Only option that I do regret not ordering is the rapid heat, it takes like 10mi to get it up-2-temp. One of the neatest thinks we like is... while in tow mode, use cruise control, system automatically downshifts on grades, keeps speed without getting on the brakes. Sorry to go on about it!... just the nicest vehicle I've ever owned in my life.
I agree on the rapid heat option. I also didn't order it. My F250 is my first diesel. I love my truck, too.

And thanks for your service to our great country!

Phil
Old 01-19-2012, 01:29 PM   #6
smiller

Quote:
On the list for this spring to install one in the front of the SRX, came with one in the garage from factory.
You have a vent in the garage? Just curious as my 325SRX has three vents, one up front (which is now an A/C unit), one in the LR, and one above the ladder bunk, but nothing in the garage.
smiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 02:03 PM   #7
JoeofNSB

I have an automatic one in my garage, one in the master (replaced with A/C), One in the loft bunk and one in the commode closet. I do want to install some MaxxAir covers. Had them on my last trailer. Glad to see you had good response from the company. Seems we get that less and less these days. Love my F550 too!

Joe & Terri
2005 Raptor 3612DS ToyHauler "the Pearl"
2001 Ford F550 4X4 (or is that 4X6!!) 7.3L Crew Cab - "Jack Sparrow"
2010 Victory CrossCountry
2012 Bushtec Spartan trailer (behind Victory)
2006 Suzuki DR650
Trek EX8 Mountain Bike
Trek 7100 Hybrid
48" Penny Farthing Bike
Haro Sonix International Mountain Bike
Haro Sanford Road Bike with a B.O.B Trailer
JoeofNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 02:14 PM   #8
smiller

Yes, I have a vent in the bathroom as well, forgot about that. But it would appear that I have two vents in the LR area (one in the front near the door and the other over the bunk) and none in the garage, vs. one in the LR and one in the garage.
smiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 02:38 AM   #9
jje1960

Vent

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiller View Post
Yes, I have a vent in the bathroom as well, forgot about that. But it would appear that I have two vents in the LR area (one in the front near the door and the other over the bunk) and none in the garage, vs. one in the LR and one in the garage.
You are correct! It's above the bunk, not actually in the garage. I do leave the small vents open in the garage during travel when it's very hot outside, that along with the window over the sink open, allowing the air to flow from the front to the rear. Good catch!
Old 01-20-2012, 05:27 AM   #10
slewis95407

I received a flyer via email from RVupgrades.com

MaxxAir II Vent Cover Silver
Deal of the Day Price: $19.95

If you don't mind silver. I ordered two and where here in a couple of days.

Scott

Fulltimer
2011 Cougar 326MKS
1997 F250 Reg. Cab. 7.3L
slewis95407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 06:01 AM   #11
geo

I agree on the Maxxair covers, they are great! I installed two on our Alpine - over the toilet room vent and over the kitchen vent. The one over the kitchen vent came in handy late last spring when I tried to cremate dinner during a rare rain storm!

I think the Forum had one of these "Naming" threads going last year also. JJE1960 - like you, I named our F350 "The Beast" also. And like you, we early ordered our F350 just about two years ago. First diesel also and we love it. Tend to drive it more than DW's VW CC. There is one embarrassing point to "The Beast" however. DW has named the Alpine 3460RL ... "Beauty".

Ron
Diesel 4x4, DRW, LB, CC
Comfort Ride Hitch
geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 08:37 AM   #12
jje1960

Vent

Quote:
Originally Posted by slewis95407 View Post
I received a flyer via email from RVupgrades.com

MaxxAir II Vent Cover Silver
Deal of the Day Price: $19.95

If you don't mind silver. I ordered two and where here in a couple of days.
That's an awesome price... Heck, I don't mind silver.... I already got a big black dome up there with the RoadTrip SD!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dome.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	901  
Old 01-20-2012, 10:14 AM   #13
JoeofNSB

I took the names for my vehicles from "Pirates of the Caribean". You may notice that my Raptor is "the Pearl" since it resembles a yacht but isn't black and I have always considered myself a pirate. The truck is "Jack Sparrow" since it's not as flashy as some pirates but it gets the job done!!!

Joe & Terri
2005 Raptor 3612DS ToyHauler "the Pearl"
2001 Ford F550 4X4 (or is that 4X6!!) 7.3L Crew Cab - "Jack Sparrow"
2010 Victory CrossCountry
2012 Bushtec Spartan trailer (behind Victory)
2006 Suzuki DR650
Trek EX8 Mountain Bike
Trek 7100 Hybrid
48" Penny Farthing Bike
Haro Sonix International Mountain Bike
Haro Sanford Road Bike with a B.O.B Trailer
JoeofNSB is offline   Reply With Quote