Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 11-16-2017, 01:09 PM   #1
M3160RL

Angry Dealer NonPerfomance Fixing Warranty Issues

Hello All,

I am having a problem with an authorized Keystone dealer/service provider not fixing warranty issue per the submitted warranty claim to Keystone. On the dealer's work order I can see the warranty parts list but the repair does not appears to have the new parts installed and was not fixed when we picked up the unit. We did not sign off on the work, however after weeks of repeated attempts to have the service rep and the service manager to respond have failed if feel stuck. I have clearly documented everything from the initial appointment until now.

What is the process for escalating to Keystone so that I can get the issue fixed and to have the work done by a reputable authorized provider.

Thank you in advance.
2016 Montana 3160RL
M3160RL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 02:24 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

The easiest way to "escalate it to Keystone" is to either call Keystone's Customer Service department and talk to them or to email them with copies of everything you've "clearly documented."

The email address is: [email protected]
The phone number is: (866) 425-4369

Or you can initiate an "SERVICE/WARRANTY INQUIRY" online at: http://www.keystonerv.com/customer-s...parts-warranty

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 03:07 PM   #3
sourdough
Site Team

I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings but it sure sounds like you've come upon a deadbeat dealership. Hopefully Keystone can/will help you out but I'm not holding my breath.

Is the dealership doing the repairs where you bought it? If not, you may be in the game of "wait and seek" with the dealer. Keystone may try to escalate any approvals they have pending for you but I've never seen, or heard of, them pushing a dealer to do any kind of repair.

Your best bet is to get in the middle of the dealer that has the trailer; face to face, eyeball to eyeball. If the service manager is non responsive it's time to climb the ladder to the owner/GM; again, face to face. Ultimately it is the dealer that will decide when the trailer gets done, not Keystone. All Keystone does is approve/disapprove warranty requests submitted by the dealer based on the documentation they provide. After that they are out of the picture.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 05:08 AM   #4
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings but it sure sounds like you've come upon a deadbeat dealership. Hopefully Keystone can/will help you out but I'm not holding my breath.

Is the dealership doing the repairs where you bought it? If not, you may be in the game of "wait and seek" with the dealer. Keystone may try to escalate any approvals they have pending for you but I've never seen, or heard of, them pushing a dealer to do any kind of repair.

Your best bet is to get in the middle of the dealer that has the trailer; face to face, eyeball to eyeball. If the service manager is non responsive it's time to climb the ladder to the owner/GM; again, face to face. Ultimately it is the dealer that will decide when the trailer gets done, not Keystone. All Keystone does is approve/disapprove warranty requests submitted by the dealer based on the documentation they provide. After that they are out of the picture.
Good advice. I would suggest exhausting all attempts with the resolving this at the dealer then go to BBB and file a complaint. Also tell your your story on social media ie Facebook, or a local social media page (many communities now have local posts on line). I have found it very effective to express my discontent on the sales floor while prospective customers are around.
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
warranty