Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 10-15-2009, 09:21 AM   #1
Terrydactile

Hello all, just thought I'd introduce myself

Hi all, just registered after surfing the site for a few days. The wife and I own a '08 Passport and are fairly happy with it. We tow with an '04 F150 and feel a bit under powered but it does fine. We mostly camp in the coastal area of Florida and through out Alabama. We really like the COE camp grounds. Hopefully we'll get to travel out to a few other states someday.

We've had a few minor issues that it seems most TT's have. Most of my Passport related issues have been echoed by FlyGuy on these forums, front light not working, bare wood under the fenders, etc. Just got through chasing down an issue with the furnace that took a while. I found a loose wire in the AC that was causing the furnace not to work. Yes that's right a loose wire in the AC even though it was the furnace that was not working. It appears that Keystone uses the relay in the AC to pick up the furnace. Anyway glad that's over. It took a while.

Looking forward to communicating over the forums
Terrydactile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 10:18 AM   #2
antiqfreq

Welcome to the Forum!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

Visit often and please share your stories with us
and ask any question you need to about your Keystone product!

Jody - Moderator
ISSPRO pillar gauges
Pullrite 15K sliding hitch
2-Honda Eu2000i's in toolbox
2012 Polaris 400
2012 Polaris 330
antiqfreq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 01:38 PM   #3
Festus2
Site Team

Welcome to the Forum and we are looking forward to your contributions. If you didn't have any problems or issues with your Passport--what would you do with all of your spare time?
Old 10-15-2009, 02:09 PM   #4
Flyguy

Welcome to the forum, glad to meet another Passport owner, my homepage is Passport oriented so you would probably enjoy looking around in it, and feel free to download anything that you might think would be a help to you, I have all kinds of manuals posted there, to access it just click on "Flyguy" in the upper left of this (or any other Flyguy) post and from the drop down menu click on "visit Flyguy's homepage" and you will be in. You can create a signature for yourself by reading through the post "creating a signature" in the forum technical support section.
Timbrens
Flyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 04:39 PM   #5
Terrydactile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festus2 View Post
Welcome to the Forum and we are looking forward to your contributions. If you didn't have any problems or issues with your Passport--what would you do with all of your spare time?
Thanks. Hopefully I will have some knowledge to pass on. Talk about problems, I discovered today that I have a slight water leak inside the access door for my outdoor stove. Caulking looks good, access door gasket looks good. Have to wait until it quits raining to investigate further. We've had torrential rain here in Alabama everyday for the last 3 months. We are 16 inches above normal.
Old 10-15-2009, 04:52 PM   #6
Terrydactile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyguy View Post
Welcome to the forum, glad to meet another Passport owner, my homepage is Passport oriented so you would probably enjoy looking around in it, and feel free to download anything that you might think would be a help to you, I have all kinds of manuals posted there, to access it just click on "Flyguy" in the upper left of this (or any other Flyguy) post and from the drop down menu click on "visit Flyguy's homepage" and you will be in. You can create a signature for yourself by reading through the post "creating a signature" in the forum technical support section.
Thanks I will definitly check out your page. I see you are a fellow Alabamian but swing for the wrong football team. LOL Sorry, I'm a tide fan but I won't hold that against you if you don't hold it against me. I went back in and added my signiture after I posted this, so that should be straight.

I found a water leak today inside the access door for the outdoor stove. its not bad and just slightly damp. Not sure what the problem is yet. Caulking and the door gasket look ok. Its raining right now so i'll have to wait. Have had any such leaks? I don't know about down in the wire grass area but its rained here in the Birmingham area nearly everyday for 3 months. Wow!!!! We're 16 inches ahead for rain.
Old 10-15-2009, 06:23 PM   #7
Flyguy

Sorry to hear about your loyalty to the wrong team, oh well, I'll just have to grin and bear it!! I'm surrounded here by Tide fans. Yes I had a slight leak just as you have in about the same area, only mine was wetting the floor at the bottom of the refrigerator (when I took off the dinette seat panel along side the frig I could see some water seeping from under the frig/furnace area) I located the leak to the refrigerator vent on the roof and had to reseal it with DICOR self leveling caulk that I got at CW (this stuff is compatable with the EPDM rubber roof) and I think the leak has stopped, only time will tell. Maybe the same guy that sealed my frig vent sealed yours too!! This is a good example as to why everyone should do a sealant inspection at least once a year on their trailers. I have a thread on "Sealing your RV" that I did a while back, you can read it here: http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/showthread.php?t=228

(I have lots of pictures in it that I put there for "Alabama Fans") LOL
Timbrens
Flyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 11:22 AM   #8
BirminghamRTR

Welcome TerryDactile!!! Future Keystone product owner here and also from Alabama. I am mostly a lurker until I make my purchase but glad to have more Tide fans here ... :-) Although I like Flyguy's taste in TV's ... :-)
Old 10-16-2009, 05:35 PM   #9
Terrydactile

hello all, just thought I'd introduce myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirminghamRTR View Post
Welcome TerryDactile!!! Future Keystone product owner here and also from Alabama. I am mostly a lurker until I make my purchase but glad to have more Tide fans here ... :-) Although I like Flyguy's taste in TV's ... :-)
Roll Tide!!!!!!!
Old 10-16-2009, 09:14 PM   #10
Bigk

Welcome to the site terry! USC Trojan fan here
2016 F350 XLT 4x4 SRW CC LB 6.7L
2007 3500 Dodge DRW CC CTD, 6.7L (SOLD)
16K Husky EZ-Roller Hitch
Bigk is offline   Reply With Quote