Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 07-19-2018, 03:12 PM   #1
Maddmatt

Slide out awnings

Just purchased 2011 fusion 322 looking for slide out awning for the 20’ slide any suggestions
Maddmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 05:04 PM   #2
DOWva

On our first 5th wheel we had room slider awnings. Had problem with them loading up with water when it would rain plus when the wind would blow they would flap a lot and make a lot of noise. We have since then purchased another 5th wheel with no slider awnings and I will admit we like it with no slider awnings.

Doug & Diane * Richmond,VA
2014 Keystone Cougar
M-315 High Country 5th Wheel
2014 RAM 2500 Laramie 392 Hemi

AirLifts
DOWva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 05:45 AM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

It looks like you're talking about a slideout cover? The way you pose your question, it's possible to think you're looking for a traditional awning for that 20' slide. If it's a slideout cover, then Carefree of Colorado has an awning configurator program online. You can build the slideout covers using the configurator then search using google by entnering the part numbers.

All of Carefree's products are linked at this page: http://www.carefreeofcolorado.com/rv...l-trailer.html

Carefree makes 4 levels of slideout covers. We have the "cheapest" ones. They are not cheap and they've been on the Cougar for almost 5 years with no problems. The only covers available in "extra length models" are the Alpine or the Ascent. Both of those are available up to about 28'. The Slideout Cover and Slideout Kover 3 models only range to about 18' long.

You will probably need the TALL mounts to position your cover above the flanges. I think Keystone uses wide slide flanges on all their products. Any question, just ask and good luck !!!

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 08:35 AM   #4
travelin texans

They have their +/-!
They DO help keep the slide a bit cooler/warmer, DO keep debris off the slide top & they DO improve the looks, in my opinion.
They ARE a big PITA if you're normally in a windy area with all the popping/flapping. If not mounted with as much pitch & as taught as possible WILL puddle rain on top of them. The rain is NOT a problem unless you're standing near the slide as you're moving it in, you WILL get wet. Personally if mine had been mounted correctly, more pitch, I don't think the wind would be as big a problem. Would most likely get them again.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 09:41 AM   #5
MarcS

I love the slide toppers on my TT. I have not heard wind noise from them yet. Rain does puddle on top, no worries, it drains off when bringing the slides in. I would definitely have them again!

Tags
awning, slide, slide out