Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 09-23-2018, 04:44 PM   #21
MotownJG

My wife never, ever drives the truck towing our 5th wheel. Not ever-never. Nothing against her ( I've loved her to death these past 38 years and hope for 38 more). It's also not me denigrating women in general. This is just her specific personality type- she's an anxious about driving in general
sorta person and she knows it.

Sometimes I wish she could drive the rig, especially in an emergency, but then I think about it and realize that I wouldn't enjoy it if she could.

MotownJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 06:04 PM   #22
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie & Bev View Post
When we had our Colorado and the 177LHS Bev drove it some on the interstate. We have since upgraded and have a Silverado 2500HD 4X4 that she has driven around town. She has not tried pulling our larger trailer. We need to get her started on learning to pull it.
Hey Willie, when you head west this season let her drive I-10 between San Antonio & ElPaso she'll be a pro with the new rig after that 300+ miles.

Danny & Linda
Fulltime since '08
2013 Redwood 36FB (FOR SALE)
2013 Denali 3500 DRW D/A
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 07:15 PM   #23
77cruiser

Probably wouldn't be good if she drove, everytime I look over at her the eyes are closed. I wouldn't have let her drive to day went from Gunnison,Co to Denver.
Old 09-23-2018, 07:44 PM   #24
Old Mustanger

Wife uses the truck as her daily driver since I made her trade her Navigator for it and she's scared of the Mustangs, but she refuses to even try to drive with the trailer hitched.
2015 F250
Old Mustanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 11:31 PM   #25
FlyingAroundRV

DW Doesn't drive the truck.

Does fly the plane though.
FlyingAroundRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 02:50 AM   #26
Laredo Tugger

roadglide's quote: "Im sure it's the reason we very seldom get lost and travel the scenic route."
Well when we do get lost,to avoid a fight we just both agree it is the "scenic route".

No. DW does not drive at this time but it has been discussed if necessary. The large empty parking lot sounds like the perfect training ground.
After what happened the other day,I was glad I was driving. Had a major problem that I got real lucky with and was back on the road in about half an hour. And yes...that will not happen again. Guaranteed.
RMc
Laredo Tugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 04:16 AM   #27
spade117

My wife has not driven while we have towed our campers, but she has towed a jet-ski trailer on one of the trips we went on a few years back while I towed the camper.
Old 09-24-2018, 03:47 PM   #28
Retired Copper

After getting everything set up with the new camper and tv I have no problem relaxing while she pulls on the interstate. I would never let her tow with the other tv.Observation camera, tpm, higher load rated and speed rated tires, e4 and 3/4 ton truck all made what I was looking for in a towing experience.
Equalizer 4 pt.
Retired Copper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 08:34 AM   #29
Irv gates

Well! When me and my wife started 5th wheeling, she wasnt into driving at all. at the time we were using a F250 and it moved around a little bit on the road with the 31 Ft,11k trailer. When we moved up to the Dually diesel it was a whole new world. She will drive the rig now and thats with the new 39ft 5th wheel. She says "The truck just holds the road better and you dont notice the semis going bye as bad" . I agree, that extra truck weight & Dual rear wheels, helps control the handling better.
Irv gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 08:40 AM   #30
Benny

Both should drive

My wife and I both drive or 14,000 lb 5th wheel with our F350 and previously our older 3500 silverado. Together we have over a 95 years of driving experience. Sharon has driven her pickup coast to coast, and I have driven on both sides of the road (not drunk it is legal in london and Burmuda) in other countries I think having a rested driver every couple of hours may be more important than all those years and miles we have driven.

Benny is offline   Reply With Quote