Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 09-23-2018, 03:30 PM   #1
T-Unit

Mitten state newbie

Hey y'all, I'm Tyler, and hail from the great lakes state. I'm a truck driver by day (local) and I'm a paid on call volunteer firefighter as well in my town. My camping history goes way back to when my parents had a little 17 footer (the Hilton), that I barely have any memories of, that was used as deer camp for many many years. Dry camping was the setup. After my sister and I grew up enough to really enjoy it, my family upgraded to an 04 Springdale bunkhouse 5th wheel that was in service to us for 10+years for vacationing and deer camp. The wife's family has camped many years in the past when she was growing up as well so we are well rooted in the lifestyle that is RVing.

Now that we have our own little family, we decided to carry on the tradition of the outdoors and bought an 07 Springdale 292BHL-S. It says 295 by the door but the floor plan and everything is the 292. The outside is pretty clean. The stickers are shrinking and peeling and the paint is oxidizing a little but overall it's in wonderful shape on the outside.

The interior is almost showroom new. No wear at all. We bought it two weeks ago and used it for the first time this weekend. Ran into a bit of trouble, but there's another thread for that.

My tow vehicle situation is a toss up at the moment. My 97 Silverado has nearly 300k miles on all original engine and trans. I have had the truck for a decade and have logged the last 100k miles on it.

The wife has an 07 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo with a 3.0 common rail Mercedes diesel (no it's not a swap, and no it's not an imported Canadian model. It's all factory) and this is the intended tow rig for it at the moment.

I'm an avid DIY guy. From engines and transmissions to home improvements. I rarely pay labor for anything. I'm a sucker for perfection and every detail counts. Hard to find that without paying an arm and a leg.

I have a wide range of work experience from professional wrenching on cars up to semis, construction in residential and road work, and driving is my passion.

For 27 years young, I've got a lot of experiences and try to learn something new every day. Sometimes that's easier said than done. I'll never know it all, but I can strive to know as much as I can.

Here's some pics of the rigs. I've been in forums for a good decade now, I'm just excited to add an RV forum to my list!

Plans are to find a seasonal site (full hookup) and then dry camp it for deer camp. Basically use the black and grey tanks and keep fresh water in jugs so it can stay winterized. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180912_200659100.jpeg
Views:	93
Size:	140.8 KB
ID:	18625Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180909_181037_438.jpeg
Views:	96
Size:	127.4 KB
ID:	18626
T-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 03:53 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Welcome to the forum

That is one very clean looking coach. Lots of good information and loads of great people here. Looking forward to hearing more about your experiences.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 04:20 PM   #3
Chris P

Welcome to the forum from New Jersey, congratulations on your kinda newer camper,its in really great shape.
Chris P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 04:25 PM   #4
T-Unit

I'll be starting a thread for the issues. Most have been very minor and rectified in 5 minutes at most. But we took it out for the first time this weekend and my black water tank is FUBAR. I'll make a thread in the appropriate section. Should be a fun time.
T-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 04:31 PM   #5
KeithInUpstateNY

Welcome to the forum from upstate NY. Looks like an awesome find! Great memories ahead for you and your family, as you know.

2015 Bullet 220RBI
2019 Chevy Colorado extended cab V6 3.6 liter
KeithInUpstateNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 04:48 AM   #6
5J's

Welcome to the forum from SE Texas. Good luck on the black tank issues. Unfortunately there is a lot of bad information out there regarding black tank operation.

2017 Hideout 308BHDS

2006 F-350 6.0L PSD CC 4X4
5J's is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags