Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 05-10-2018, 07:41 AM   #21
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramey9876 View Post
2013 Keystone Cougar, same issue with a faded cap. Contacted Keystone and got the standard answer so I sent them a demand letter and received a NO to repairs. I'm moving onto legal action and would appreciate any help from those who had their caps repainted/repaired out of warranty for fading.
Once I complete the legal process I'll report back here, hopefully with good results so others can use the information.
Keystone would be wise to just repaint these caps as opposed to setting precedent across the nation.
Again, any help from those who had their caps repainted would go a long way in the legal action.
Thanks for your help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pramey9876 View Post
Was your Keystone under warranty or did Keystone authorize the repair out of warranty?
pramey9876,

This thread is from the 2014/2015 time frame. The information contained is 3-4 years old and the person you're asking the question about warranty status has not been on the forum since 02-05-2016 04:27 PM.

Please review the forum rules, located at http://www.keystoneforums.com/forums...ork&page=rules

This forum is not intended to be a site for gaining legal information to use against any manufacturer. Please settle your differences privately, using the PM section of the forum not publically in the open forum.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 10:08 AM   #22
Rex1vt

2014 Cap Fade

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
Just took my 2014 Cougar High Country in today for some minor warranty repair work. My cap had started fading but forgot to mention it. The service manager asked me if I'd looked at the cap and I told him I had but forgot to mention it, plus, I had him on such a short turn a round time that I was afraid I would need to bring it back later for something like that. He said "we'll repaint it" and said it needed 5 new decals (looking across the front of the trailer). Obviously Keystone has to approve it but he said they had just finished doing 3 others and Keystone was aware they had a problem with their paint. He did not anticipate a problem getting it done. He DID say that they are given an "allowance" to do the job. Depending on what the dealer is willing to do the work for you may or may not get a full blown paint job vs a sand and re-coat as mentioned elsewhere in this thread. Very pleased with the visit today.
Quote is from November 2014. I am wondering if Sourdough (or others )found the repaint job solved the problem or has since failed in some way.If there was a failure what was the dealer/mfg response?
Rex1vt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 12:53 PM   #23
sourdough
Site Team

My cap still looks new from Nov. 2014.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 01:34 PM   #24
KenW

I have a 2017 370BR High Country with a black front cap. It looks like Keystone changed the cap to tan this year. Does anyone know why they changed? Should I expect problems in the future?
KenW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 08:04 PM   #25
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenW View Post
I have a 2017 370BR High Country with a black front cap. It looks like Keystone changed the cap to tan this year. Does anyone know why they changed? Should I expect problems in the future?
Cougar caps were white in 2014, tan in 2015, brown in 2016, gray in 2017 and charcoal in 2018. There were some "special edition" models that were different as well. I don't think there's any rhyme or reason to what color choices Keystone makes. It seems that things change from year to year in most of the model lines. It was only a few short years ago that RV's were white with a single stripe of contrasting color. Then came "swoshes" followed by multiple "swoshes" followed by black trim and now, black slide ends and darker FILON sidewalls.

I'd guess it's more about "keeping up with the competition" and trying to be different at the same time....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote