Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 10-13-2018, 04:39 PM   #21
captcolour

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnmichael View Post
I got the Garmin RV760 a few months ago. I really like the larger screen. It is advertised as providing RV friendly routing. Don't believe it. Going through Illinois, it took me off the freeway, through very narrow side residential streets and tiny towns. Areas where it was very dicey in a big RV. Finally brought me back to the freeway. Looked at another map later and the route I took was way out of my way and we probably lost two hours gong that way. In Upper Michigan, it actually routed me to a trail. It kept saying "Turn left". It was truly a wide spot in the trees with a grass hiking trail. When I passed the turn, it kept trying to get me to turn around and go back to it for several miles before recalculating.
Another feature is supposed to be real-time traffic information. It kept warning me of things that weren't there, yet never warned me about obvious long term issues. In one case, the freeway was closed and traffic routed into the other side, bypassing a bridge replacement. Garmin kept flashing a red screen warning me I was gong the wrong way on the freeway.
It is a nice unit with hands free speaker phone and voice commands, just be careful of the routing and don't take every turn as gospel.

I had the RV770 first, but it was not accurate. I would be on an interstate, and it would think I was on a parallel road or in a lake! Returned it and got the RV660 which has been much better. Reviews on the RV660 were much better than the RV760/770.
captcolour is offline   Reply With Quote