Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 03-26-2017, 04:23 PM   #21
reddog7571

M&M, We got it home yesterday! So far everything is good. Had a little issue, but it was my fault for turning too close and put a ding in the truck... Have you hooked up city water yet. I bought a water regulator, and it won't fit without some help. Have you turned on the furnace yet? I haven't yet, the fireplace is all we need for now.
reddog7571 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 10:02 PM   #22
John&Genny

Well Genny and I picked up our 320RS this weekend and so far it's what we had hoped for in a new RV. There were some minor issues like some of the trim nails sticking out a bit too far and one of the roller shades doesn't want to retract the shade properly, plus one of the window screens refuses to pop back in place so those go on the list for warranty repairs. We had a chance to check most everything out by staying overnight at the dealership.

The real test will come down the road when we have used it most of this summer and 2 to 3 years after. That's when you will find out what kind of quality is really in a RV.

We will keep you posted on how well things are going in our 320 this summer.
John&Genny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 05:45 AM   #23
m&m

Congrats REDDOG7571
Sorry to hear about your truck. I did same, no longer have tailgate. I have an 8' bed and during practice realized I need to have a set procedure and when driving make very wide turns. Backing up is slow and cautious the pivot point is different. Still learning.
Yes we have used the heater but so not like to unless below 32 deg. It gets way to hot. Need to when below 32 cause the system design to keep underbelly warm.
The city water hook up got me at first because the switch for tank or city. I use a brass angled joint with a quick disconnect and at the spicket I use a water filter. with screen. Have many times found grit in screen.
With a water reg. I have very little pressure in unit. I do check the pressure before I hook up.
Again congrats on the unit I hope you enjoy as much as we do.
m&m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 05:52 AM   #24
m&m

Congrats John&Genny. Hope you enjoy the rig. If you can post pics. Let us know how shake down trip went. Now I have to go look up 320 RS.
Again congrats an hope to hear from ya.
Old 03-27-2017, 05:55 AM   #25
m&m

How many Avalanche owners do we have. I've joined the avalanche group but no activity.
Old 03-28-2017, 04:12 PM   #26
nesparky

I have one. Didn't know there's an Avalanche group.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
nesparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 04:34 AM   #27
NorskeBob

We just purchased a 2017 329RS. Any insights?
Looking to install a TV in the bedroom. Ours did not come one installed. Not sure how one is installed at the factory. Has anyone installed one themselves?
NorskeBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 04:19 PM   #28
m&m

NorskeBob
Congrats. I your bed room is set up for a TV then there should be a sticker on the wall, near the cable plug in, or where you can connect a wall mount. if you don't see it look at 329rs in the pic section of the company site. Con grats again and many happy camping days.

We are camping at Mayport,Fl on the jetties. Watching all the ships come and go.
Just saw a cruise ship leave. Camper is great but the driver needs work.
Old 04-08-2017, 04:21 PM   #29
m&m

Well thats 4 of us so far. Thanks for the reply.
Old 04-08-2017, 04:26 PM   #30
m&m

RedDog7571. Just a note to you and others who might have an information panel on the wall by the stairs. Wife hit head on the access door and caused a good gash. I will remove the door. No more problems.
Hows the new camper?
Old 04-08-2017, 06:53 PM   #31
NorskeBob

Thanks for the info - ours does not have a sticker on the wall - will look for 329RS.

RV - 2017 Avalanche 320RS
TV - 2011 Chevy Silverado 3500HD LTZ CCLB Duramax SRW 4X4
Old 04-08-2017, 07:15 PM   #32
Thundershorts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorskeBob View Post
Thanks for the info - ours does not have a sticker on the wall - will look for 329RS.
NorskeBob,
I just purchased a 370RD and there is no sticker on the wall to let you know where to mount the tv bracket. I made it part of my purchase to have the dealer install the tv in the bedroom. That wooden box on the wall just doesn't look right without a tv in it. We're doing the walkthrough in two weeks, so I don't even have a clue as to where the mount attaches to at this time. Enjoy your new trailer, I cannot wait to pick ours up.
Thundershorts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 04:59 AM   #33
NorskeBob

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundershorts View Post
NorskeBob,
I just purchased a 370RD and there is no sticker on the wall to let you know where to mount the tv bracket. I made it part of my purchase to have the dealer install the tv in the bedroom. That wooden box on the wall just doesn't look right without a tv in it. We're doing the walkthrough in two weeks, so I don't even have a clue as to where the mount attaches to at this time. Enjoy your new trailer, I cannot wait to pick ours up.
I'll call the dealer and have them install the TV bracket - not sure I want to pay RV dealer prices for a TV. We are supposed to pick up ours on 4/25. The dealer is backed up with all the recent sales and is in the process of building a new facility.

Grew up south of you in Minnesota - Detroit Lakes - had many folks from your home town come down for summer vacations.

Old 04-14-2017, 04:35 AM   #34
reddog7571

Everyone,
Well, we went on our maiden voyage last weekend and it was really a great time. A little chilly and windy, but the 5er performed beautifully!! We went from a 8 person tent to the 365MB Avalanche. That is a huge jump! The only issue I've had so far was self inflected. You have to watch very closely how tight you go when you are backing one of these up in a tight space. I'm not beating anyone up, but I've been on different RV type sites like this one and was almost talked out of buying a unit due to all of the negativity towards all brands. This unit is everything I had hoped for so far! I'm really looking forward to using her! No, I'm not tied to any marketing company. This is officially my lake house, and I can put her on any lake I want.
Old 04-14-2017, 04:37 AM   #35
reddog7571

M&M,
Thanks for the "HEADS-UP" on the head throbber!
Old 04-14-2017, 04:43 AM   #36
NorskeBob

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddog7571 View Post
Everyone,
Well, we went on our maiden voyage last weekend and it was really a great time. A little chilly and windy, but the 5er performed beautifully!! We went from a 8 person tent to the 365MB Avalanche. That is a huge jump! The only issue I've had so far was self inflected. You have to watch very closely how tight you go when you are backing one of these up in a tight space. I'm not beating anyone up, but I've been on different RV type sites like this one and was almost talked out of buying a unit due to all of the negativity towards all brands. This unit is everything I had hoped for so far! I'm really looking forward to using her! No, I'm not tied to any marketing company. This is officially my lake house, and I can put her on any lake I want.
Good to hear that the RV performed well on the first trip - quite a change from what you camped in before.

Enjoy!

Old 04-14-2017, 02:41 PM   #37
m&m

reddog7571
Glad you got out to enjoy it. Your right about tight spaces. The challenge is sometimes past my ability. I practice quite often. The unit is awesome and I call it
my vacation home on wheels.
Do you get bad bounce?
My better half thinks she can move the house into this thing. Many happy camping days. Keep us posted.
Old 04-15-2017, 11:48 AM   #38
reddog7571

M&M,
I got lucky and found a one year old TS3 from Hensley. I don't feel hardly anything from the 5th wheel. The TS3 has an air ride system built into it, and it gives me a very smooth ride. The wife put a foam koozie can holder on the center island, and one next to the stove before we left last Sunday and when we got home only one hit the floor. I agree with your "Vacation Home On Wheels"!!
Old 04-15-2017, 03:49 PM   #39
m&m

Thanks I will have to look at the TS3. The roads i Fl suck. Glad you had a good time we were at Mayport on the jetty. Some day I,ll figure out how to post pics.
Sure are a lot of avalanche owners here.
Old 04-19-2017, 10:31 AM   #40
Bebo

Joining the party late....have a 2014 Avalanche 355RK, both new 3yr ago, my 1st 5er. Over all quite happy with it, had few very minor issue at start, dealer took care of all. Biggest issue to date....fried control panel at park in Michigan due to possible voltage irregularity, fixed under warranty. Have used about 25 times in 10 different states.
Bebo is offline   Reply With Quote