Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 07-09-2018, 07:14 AM   #1
hdrolling

City water disconnecting behind wall.

So for the second trip this summer our fresh water came unscrewed behind the wall.

Whats happening is when I screw in our hose and turn the cap to tighten it's actually loosening the clamp behind the wall. This happened on our last trip a few weeks ago and I just thought it was loose or cracked from water in the line over the winter.

Should I bother trying to clean this or does it sound like ts broke and I need to replace with a new water flange? Looks like there about $15 to replace so that is what I plan to do but if repairing the oem one is easy what is the fix.

Retired Army, 22yrs
hdrolling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 08:48 AM   #2
wiredgeorge

There is a flange on the backside that fits into a slot when you install and when you twist, the flange runs up over a flange on the part that retains the fresh water inlet. If it twists, it will come loose and sounds like a dab of JB Weld or other epoxy would keep this from happening OR buy a new one; they only cost a few bucks. Either way, you will have to take out a couple screws and perhaps have some butyl tape on hand so the fix or new one will be weather proofed from leaks to the inside.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 11:42 AM   #3
hdrolling

The local camper world didn't have the outlet I needed so I installed a quick detach hose connector for now to see how that goes.

Retired Army, 22yrs
hdrolling is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water