Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > Forum Admin, News & Member Account Info
Click Here to Login

Old 10-03-2012, 06:51 AM   #1
kenn209

Help needed in posting webshots

I have some photos on webshots and can't figure out how to download them... Help!!!
kenn209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:41 AM   #2
hankpage
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenn209 View Post
I have some photos on webshots and can't figure out how to download them... Help!!!
You are not alone. I have done what they suggest and have not received the downloaded zip files yet. They claim it may take 48 hours ... I am waiting 24 so far. I will keep folks posted with my progress. They claim they will no longer be open to the public and friends who want to view will have to join at a minimum fee of $15. From what I understand if you download their new desktop software it uploads ALL PHOTOS on your computer to their web storage and if you want to delete any of them you must do it one at a time they will not be in albums or folders the way NORMAL people store their pics. Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:55 AM   #3
hankpage
Site Team

Here is the reply I received from Smile/Webshots about photos linked to other sites from Webshots.
Subject: Photos linked to web sites and forums.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OCT 03, 2012 | 09:40AM PDT
Sarah Green replied:

Hi Henry,

After December 1st, all images hosted in the Webshots community will no longer be available to view.

If you have uploaded images to the Webshots community in the past, please go to www.webshots.com and log into your account, then go to http://community.webshots.com/features/downloads so your images can be backed up and a link to download them emailed to you.

Unfortunately, Smile is not going to work for hosting images for blogs, I would recommend uploading your photos to a service such as Flickr to better serve your needs.

Keep Smiling!

Sarah Green
Smile By Webshots

So, Let me apologize now for when all of my photo posts including my signature and avatar go off into cyberspace and disappear. And also a BIG apology to anyone that I recommended Webshots to in the past. Can you believe they have the ...... gall, nerve, audacity, brass, ..... to recommend another photo hosting site, Hank
Old 10-03-2012, 09:09 AM   #4
azlee56

maybe I'll look at cloud and see what they have to offer now.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:15 AM   #5
kenn209

They should have named the new website "bend over and smile"!! lol
Old 10-03-2012, 11:50 AM   #6
hankpage
Site Team

Instead of the community for sharing photos that it was, it is now just on-line storage for $30 a year.(Not gonna happen with my pics) BTY any .MP4 (video files) will be returned to you separately as .flv files that even the latest version of Adobe Media Player and Adobe Air can not open. What a joke. My photo files were downloaded to me in 2 .zip files totaling about 600 MB.
Oh well! It was a good run while it lasted, Hank (Over 9 years, 32 albums, 1437 photos, 180,000 views and 470 downloads Mostly from folks that don't even know me and just liked my photos) Adiós! Webshots.
Old 10-03-2012, 12:25 PM   #7
byrdr1

I guess I will have to change my signature now..

Randy "Camp On"
2011 Cougar 327RES
2014 Ford F-350, 6.7L 4X4, CC, SRW
byrdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:38 PM   #8
kenn209

Quote:
Originally Posted by hankpage View Post
Instead of the community for sharing photos that it was, it is now just on-line storage for $30 a year.(Not gonna happen with my pics) BTY any .MP4 (video files) will be returned to you separately as .flv files that even the latest version of Adobe Media Player and Adobe Air can not open. What a joke. My photo files were downloaded to me in 2 .zip files totaling about 600 MB.
Oh well! It was a good run while it lasted, Hank (Over 9 years, 32 albums, 1437 photos, 180,000 views and 470 downloads Mostly from folks that don't even know me and just liked my photos) Adiós! Webshots.
Wow that is a lot of media!! I only have a few hundred. So far I have been able to right click and save them. Takes a lot of time. but I think I have most of the ones I want. Will delete the rest.

And if you download their desktop app its starts to upload all your pics!! Put a stop to that real quick!
Old 10-03-2012, 12:57 PM   #9
hankpage
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenn209 View Post

And if you download their desktop app its starts to upload all your pics!! Put a stop to that real quick!
If you do make sure there are no photos on your harddrives (anywhere) you don't want Mom to see.
Old 10-04-2012, 05:32 AM   #10
byrdr1

took me around 8 minutes to get my photos to my hard drive. I am not loading their software. I will look at Shutterfly and Flicka or what ever it is called and see what I can do. Can we or do we have at least site on here that we can at least have our signatures photos uploaded and access?
randy

Randy "Camp On"
2011 Cougar 327RES
2014 Ford F-350, 6.7L 4X4, CC, SRW
byrdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:25 AM   #11
hankpage
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by byrdr1 View Post
took me around 8 minutes to get my photos to my hard drive. I am not loading their software. I will look at Shutterfly and Flicka or what ever it is called and see what I can do. Can we or do we have at least site on here that we can at least have our signatures photos uploaded and access?
randy
Yes ... At the top of the page go to "Community" and select "Pictures and Albums". From there you can upload the photos you want and use them from there for sig. and so on. I think you have the choice to make your album public or private also. Hope this helps because I will be busy doing it too, Hank
Old 10-04-2012, 09:21 AM   #12
fla-gypsy

I finally got my zip file after their link didn't work. I have been using that a long time too. I had 431 photos, all great camping stuff and over 500,000 views. They can have it bcak. I'm done with them. I can always use photobucket or just send people my zip file.