Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 01-29-2018, 08:15 AM   #1
jlonginav

Access to TV on Cougar 367FLS

Hello,
Just picked up a new Cougar 367FLS. Anybody know how to get to the backside of the TV for cable maintenance or adding additional components like a Blu-Ray?
Thanks
Old 01-29-2018, 08:52 AM   #2
ADQ K9

From what I have seen there is another thread or two reguarding this. Is your Cougar a West Coast edition made in Oregon? Mine is and it has a swing mount that just swings out and is secured by a velcro strap. Other editions have a mount that pulls straight out and then you have to lift up to pull the TV off the mount, not sure what you have.
I was disapointed not to see a Blu Ray player as standard and just a standard audio/video cable hooked up to the TV when there is HDMI capibility for both units. Running an HDMI cable from the unit to the TV as well as mounting a Blu Ray player is on the list for upgrades For now I plug in a 50W inverter to the 12 volt for the Blu ray and run an HDMI straight to the TV its not clean and tucked away but it works.
Connected by a Curt 15K WDH W/Sway Control
ADQ K9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 10:44 AM   #3
jlonginav

The TV in the Front Living room is on a powered pedestal so you can raise and lower it. It come up from a cabinet and sits behind the electric fireplace. Once up there is just not enough room to access the back
Old 01-29-2018, 10:50 AM   #4
ADQ K9

Not sure then not familiar with that set up hopefully some one will chime in that is familiar.
Old 01-29-2018, 08:43 PM   #5
goducks

There must be an easy way to remove it. Here's a pic of a 367fls without the tv. It's at a dealers lot. Guessing they remove the tv or just have the tv shipped uninstalled.
http://www.curtistrailers.com/rv/por...+cougar+367fls
goducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 09:01 AM   #6
jlonginav

Thanks, That's a helpful picture. I'll be working on it this weekend and will let you know. I also have a email into Keystone customer service
Old 01-30-2018, 09:37 AM   #7
ADQ K9

Good luck, My TV mount is the same as the one pictured in the bed room. Might want to try to hit up chuckster57 I was hoping he might have some input
Old 02-08-2018, 09:48 AM   #8
jlonginav

Access found

All,

Best I found is to remove the electric fireplace first. Then you have better (but not complete access to the TV area. I can say that if I ever want to change out the TV it will require two people and still not be easy
Old 03-07-2020, 06:52 AM   #9
resettin

Have the same problem, cant get my big head behind and then cant reach the outlet. I use a pole and tape then managed to release it all without pulling plug back out. still need to check other options like connection with speakers. or adding better speakers, all in good time. I will eventually pull the tv off mount and take care of all of it ugh, I feel you pain.
resettin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cougar