Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 03-27-2018, 07:55 AM   #21
JRTJH
Site Team

Everyone has an opinion, and they all fit the situation (for some), so here's my "opinion" (for what it's worth):

RV furniture has to meet specific criteria. It must be light weight (to keep the maximum payload for "stuff), it must look good in the décor (so people will buy the trailer), it must be "comfortable" (when sitting in it for a couple minutes during shopping).

Then, it should last until the warranty ends, it should be from the lowest bidder who is willing to meet the weight, décor and comfort levels. If the manufacturer can get a low bid from a "nationally known brand", that's a plus plus for the "name recognition.....

Car manufacturers do the same thing with audio systems. Ford has JBL/Sony, GM has Bose, etc. Those are the "upgraded audiophile systems" just like Keystone's "upgraded High Country package".....

While it might look different, sit a little different, it still has to meet all of those "other requirements" or it won't fit the trailer function.....

For me, most "trailer upgrades" are more hype than reality.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 08:18 AM   #22
sourdough
Site Team

We also have the "upgraded" simulated leather rocker/swivel/recliners in our High Country complete with flaking material. Very irritating and I feel your pain. Haven't determined what we want to do because we actually really like the chairs and they are very comfortable to us.

One thing I found; I thought they would be very light looking at their construction and knowing they go in an RV. 1st time I went to move one I thought it was stuck to the floor or still tethered down. Nope, the bottom of it must be lead filled or something. Don't know how that's going to play into replacing them if the weight is actually required to keep them from bouncing around (have to sit sideways against the back wall in transit).
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 07:51 AM   #23
goducks

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
Everyone has an opinion, and they all fit the situation (for some), so here's my "opinion" (for what it's worth):

RV furniture has to meet specific criteria. It must be light weight (to keep the maximum payload for "stuff), it must look good in the décor (so people will buy the trailer), it must be "comfortable" (when sitting in it for a couple minutes during shopping).

Then, it should last until the warranty ends, it should be from the lowest bidder who is willing to meet the weight, décor and comfort levels. If the manufacturer can get a low bid from a "nationally known brand", that's a plus plus for the "name recognition.....

Car manufacturers do the same thing with audio systems. Ford has JBL/Sony, GM has Bose, etc. Those are the "upgraded audiophile systems" just like Keystone's "upgraded High Country package".....

While it might look different, sit a little different, it still has to meet all of those "other requirements" or it won't fit the trailer function.....

For me, most "trailer upgrades" are more hype than reality.....
I found the same with motorcycle seats when I used to ride. They all felt great in the showroom. After 1 hour on the road they were horrible. Only one that was good for day long rides was my Goldwing seat. Then again that would be like buying a 400,000 MH that came with top line home furnishings.
goducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 02:38 PM   #24
roadglide

The furniture in my toy hauler isn't bad . There is some serious safety issues I have . Wile cleaning under the couch recliner. Ever exposed metal is razor sharp under my couch I'm very careful will retrieveing stuff that been dropped through the sides .
roadglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 05:28 PM   #25
RV Driver Ed

Tri Fold Sofa 3 seater

Does anyone know the dimensions for the tri fold sofa in the newer keystone's. I ordered a Alpine 2019, 3650 rl and wanted to know the sleeping set-up dimensions and the width for seating on couch, thanks in advance for any help.

2013 F150 Crew Cab, to go shopping and site seeing for now, how do you start one of those go fund me pages? #Ed's New Truck, Ha, Ha.
RV Driver Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 07:52 PM   #26
Pmedic4

Thomasville or Thomas Payne furniture

I see the discussions about Thomasville furniture in Keystone RV's, and I'm wondering if that is what others have installed in their RV? Our furniture is Thomas Payne, which is a Lippert company - makes sense right?

We like our Theater seating, and so much so, my SIL replaced the sofa in their Motorhome with the same Thomas Payne branded furniture. Yes, it's not leather, it's 'PolyHyde Euro Leather vinyl', which seems pretty nice.

2017 Cougar 333MKS
2015 RAM 3500 HD with 6.4L

Pmedic4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 07:40 AM   #27
goducks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pmedic4 View Post
I see the discussions about Thomasville furniture in Keystone RV's, and I'm wondering if that is what others have installed in their RV? Our furniture is Thomas Payne, which is a Lippert company - makes sense right?

We like our Theater seating, and so much so, my SIL replaced the sofa in their Motorhome with the same Thomas Payne branded furniture. Yes, it's not leather, it's 'PolyHyde Euro Leather vinyl', which seems pretty nice.
Give it time and it will fall apart. It's a bonded product. Not real leather. Pleather as commonly referred to.
Many complaints across the RV forums about TP furniture.
goducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 07:54 AM   #28
gearhead

^^Yep mine is disintegrating day by day. At first, the leather? just wrinkled up. Then it started just falling off. This within a 5 week period. We certainly are not heavy users of the 5th. It hasn't been "out" since last spring.
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4 LB Cabover
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 03:06 PM   #29
Pmedic4

My question more was about do people really have Thomasville furniture, versus Thomas Payne furniture? I just think people are confusing their Thomas Payne chairs and sofas for Thomasville furniture.

The quality of Thomas Payne furniture, ehh, like most RV stuff, it's fairly inexpensive stuff.

2017 Cougar 333MKS
2015 RAM 3500 HD with 6.4L

Pmedic4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 04:43 PM   #30
firestation12

Mine are 72" in the 3700 Front Living model I own. When both are opened up, there is about 10" of walk space between them.
firestation12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
furniture