Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 10-02-2018, 05:25 AM   #1
Steelworker

Question Bathroom skylight leaking

Hi just moved into my 2011 Keystone Residence and it has been raining for 2 days,there is water leaking in around the bathroom skylight. Anyone had the same problem or have a idea what could be the issue. I have not gone up and had a look but was thinking maybe the caulking needs to be replaced ? Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is our first RV.

Thanks Kerry
Steelworker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 05:49 AM   #2
wiredgeorge

First; welcome! Next, get up and check the seal around the skylight. It isn't "caulk" but is Dicor self leveling sealant. The seal is the most likely place where a leak will happen. It is also possible that the fan seal is leaking which should be right next to the skylight and re-seal it as well. In fact, if you have this type leak, it would be a good time to re-seal all the seals around penetrations on your roof. It is possible that others are leaking but you haven't seen signs yet. It takes 2-3 tubes of Dicor self leveling sealant to do all of them. The self leveling spreads so don't use it where it is going to run down the side of your trailer. Dicor also makes a very similar product that is NON SELF LEVELING that is used on the sides of trailers. Avoid caulk or silicon for most applications.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 03:54 PM   #3
cathcartww

Ours started leaking during heavy rains. Turned out that there were some stress cracks in each of the corners (trailer is 6 years old). I inspect and re-Dicor yearly, but the cracks just developed since the last check. My solution was to apply Dicor to the corners. I see a new skylight in our future ......

2014 Forest River Wildcat 272RLX Fifth Wheel
2018 F-250 4x4 Crew Cab 6.2L Gasser
cathcartww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 02:28 PM   #4
Steelworker

Yep same issue with mine so I sealed it again but will have to change mine in the spring too. Thanks for your help .

Kerry
Steelworker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, light