Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 07-05-2018, 12:21 PM   #1
dadnjesse

B&W Companion

I have a 2015 2500 HD Chevy Silverado CCSB with a B&W Companion hitch, This will be my third season pulling my 36' Montana. I always separate the head from the base and store it in my shed. My first trip this year I hit both sides of the bed with the nose of the camper. I figured my luck has run out and I need a long bed to fix the problem.I just brought home a new Chevy 2018 3500 CCLB High Country today. I had a problem finding a long bed and the one I did find didn't have the factory pucks. So I ordered a new B&W gooseneck turnover to put in the new truck. I was reading the install directions when I thought oh crap, I went out in my shed to look at the Companion and realized I had put the thing in backwards the only real difference is in the stickers. By placing it in the other way the head sits closer to the cab. So why does B&W make it able to be reversed, I would think I can't be the only idiot to ever have this happen to, I feel so dumb.
dadnjesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 04:22 PM   #2
GHen

I was going to say, how did he hit the truck..., I have the 6’6” bed and I can do 88 degree turns, not a compete 90 but pretty close. I have it adjust in the rear setting, works great.
GHen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 05:34 PM   #3
Bolo4u

In my Ram 3500, the factory puck keyways are different sizes, so there's absolutely zero chance of getting the hitch frame in backwards.
Bolo4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 06:38 PM   #4
slufoot733

Let's back up a minute. What did you pt in backward? The Turnoverball kit under the bed or the hitch in the bed? If it's only the hitch then pull the pin, turn it around and you're good to go.
If it's the Turnoverball kit under the bed then you've got some work to do.
slufoot733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 03:38 AM   #5
Dave W

First of all, you will love having a long bed. So much better (that is until you try to park in a tight parking lot(

Yes, you can install a B&W turnover hitch reversed. Yes, my set of instructions for the Turnover version told me what will change if you do that installation incorrectly for your needs. I now have the puck system in the current truck, I used a Sharpie and put an arrow on the base to make sure I didn't have a momentary case of CRS, or worse, a senior moment.
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 06:37 AM   #6
dadnjesse

I had the head off then put the base of the fifth wheel hitch in backwards the center post is offset so that put the hitch towards the cab more, then I put the head back on, it then looks normal except the stickers are reversed. I do love the new truck though.
dadnjesse is offline   Reply With Quote