Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 09-04-2018, 04:57 AM   #21
{tpc}

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow View Post
BTW: be sure your hitch ball is not set up to high. Ideally the loaded trailer is level when the WD is engaged.
This is a great idea as well. I'll admit to having the dealer set mine up for me over the course of 3 different vehicles. Once multiple times. Strictly because I lack the large tools to do the job myself. Key to this is someone who knows what they are doing. Don't accept it, if it isn't right.

The last time I went in, the dealer was really busy (despite my appointment) so I ended up being helped by the service manager, who was a really nice guy, but his days of hands on stuff were a bit past him imo. He kept telling me that everything was level when it was not, and once I convinced him it wasn't, his "fix" was to crank the hell out of the WD bars and cut his hand up in the process. I was ready to give up and leave to go somewhere else, when the "hitch tech" showed up. I spoke with him, explained what I thought it should be and he agreed, took it back and adjusted it correctly.

But yes, if its too high up, it will create a bouncy effect which is why I suggested more in the pass through in front.

First time I had my hitch adjusted, we had everything loaded up, I brought it in to the dealer and they kept telling me I wasn't fully loaded....except we were lol. Just lead to a return trip to have them adjust it again. I guess what I'm saying is don't just blindly listen to what they say if you truly don't believe it. Some dealers are great, some not, and then within the dealer some of the techs are great and some not. YMMV

Tags
tow, towing