Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Tow Vehicles
Click Here to Login

Old 11-21-2017, 05:30 PM   #41
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-O-B'03 View Post
Thanks, yes, this is the homestead

The pecans are almost done dropping crap in the pool, I need to get it cleaned out before the crowd comes for the holidays

Happy Thanksgiving!

-Brian
When we built our last house the deciding factor was that the property was in the middle of a pecan orchard. We were there looking in the fall; pecans on the ground; pick them up and crack them...(I love pecans). Done! Bought the property and built the house. Real life....pecan trees drop a LOT of crap all year long! Love the pecans but, the goo, hoola hoops, leaves etc. (crap) can be a pain. By the way, nice "deck".
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 05:48 AM   #42
bsmith0404

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-O-B'03 View Post
That's not a deck...

This is a deck

-Brian
Used to have a pool like that, kids “promised” to keep it clean. Now I just have a hot tub, much less work.
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 09:35 AM   #43
B-O-B'03

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrated View Post
Pecans huh.....hope you are having pecan pie for Thanksgiving....always one of my favorites. Happy Thanksgiving Day to you and your too.
Love me some pecan pie, we also have pumpkin and apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
When we built our last house the deciding factor was that the property was in the middle of a pecan orchard. We were there looking in the fall; pecans on the ground; pick them up and crack them...(I love pecans). Done! Bought the property and built the house. Real life....pecan trees drop a LOT of crap all year long! Love the pecans but, the goo, hoola hoops, leaves etc. (crap) can be a pain. By the way, nice "deck".
Thanks for the compliment, we love living here.

Yes, the pecans are messy, you don't want to park a car under them for very long... the sap builds up and gets very hard. Out behind us is also pecan trees, but they are native and the nuts are small and tough.

We also had a 70+ year old, 4 trunk, red oak in the front yard, but it fell on the house just about a year ago, so no more acorns in the pool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmith0404 View Post
Used to have a pool like that, kids “promised” to keep it clean. Now I just have a hot tub, much less work.
The "kids" are 31, 33 & 42, long gone... just me and the DW bouncing around in 5 bedrooms and I am now the pool and hot tub boy.

Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving, I know we are truly blessed and have much to be thankful for.

God bless the USA and the troops that keep us safe.

-Brian

Tags
fuel