Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 07-12-2019, 05:14 PM   #1
Getn off

Black AND gray tanks wont dump!

Hello all.
In the middle of a 2 week trip from Orlando, Savannah, Gatlinburg, Oconee NF, Savannah, Orlando. All going fairly well so far.
Except...
Stayed in Oconee NF for the last 5 nigts. No dump at site, just at exit. No problem, as we have 2 large gray and 1 large black tank. Went to leave this morning and stopped by the exit to dump. Rear gray dumped fine. Forward gray and black no joy. Nothing at all! Handles seemed to move normally. Tried cycling handles in and out many times. Again, all felt normal. Even tried flushing a bit the black tank. Didnt do much because it indicated full. Gray indicated 1/2 btw.
I even tried tapping the line above and below the barrier. Nothing. A line was growing behind me so I had to go.
Called Keystone tech and although they were very courteous, they were zero help. Just told me it didnt make sense as it sounded like both forward valve nuts may have came loose at the same time?!
I was hoping that movement on the road would jar something free. As luck would have it, it did! When I got to Savannah, I tried to dump and it worked perfect! Handles feel the same still.
Anyone know how these things are plumbed? I assume valves for each are seperTe after the tanks, then into a Y to a single outlet outside. But nothing makes sense as to why it would get stuck together. If it was sediment lodged in the black tank tube, why would the gray not work? Maybe a clog after the black valve??? Which makes zero sense to me.
It worked perfect 6 days before. I drained black, flushed 3 times till clear, then gray tanks.
Wondering if I need to take this in, or just chalk it up as a clog??
Anyone experience this?
2018 Keystone Sprinter Limited 3551fwmls
Thanks for any help.
Troy
2018 F350 CC 6.7 PSD drw…Gone.
2021 F350 CC 6.7 PSD drw Platinum…Gone
Getn off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 05:45 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

I would watch it. If it happens again then think about a service appointment. Valves will usually be right at the tank outlet and if you have two next to each other then they are joined at some point along the way.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 02:53 AM   #3
FlyingAroundRV

Another possibility that I read on the forums here. When the hole is drilled in the bottom of the tank, what happens to the piece that is cut out? If it gets left in the tank, it could cover the drain hole. That would explain why it worked after traveling a bit. The piece moved away from the drain hole.
If that's the case, then the question becomes, how to get that out of the tank?
2018 Outback 272UFL

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCscotthendry
FlyingAroundRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 06:43 PM   #4
Getn off

I will def keep an eye on it for sure.
Hope it isnt a lag, but just some strange clog.
Troy
2018 F350 CC 6.7 PSD drw…Gone.
2021 F350 CC 6.7 PSD drw Platinum…Gone
Getn off is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tank