Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Notices

Old 07-10-2019, 07:31 AM   #11
pikespeakviewer

Tires are ordered! I misread one of my quotes (they put "Car" Radial Trail HD instead of "Carlisle") and they are another $100 cheaper than the other shop we were going with!

So now I'm off to Amazon for an EMS!

Old 07-10-2019, 07:43 AM   #12
Northofu1

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikespeakviewer View Post
Tires are ordered! I misread one of my quotes (they put "Car" Radial Trail HD instead of "Carlisle") and they are another $100 cheaper than the other shop we were going with!

So now I'm off to Amazon for an EMS!
you won't regret either.

Northofu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 09:22 AM   #13
rjrelander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rber1234 View Post
I switched out my factory ST 205 75R 14D with GY Endurance ST 215 75R 14D. Could tell difference right away with how much better TT tracked behind truck with better and bigger tires.
That's what we did as well, mainly since ST205/75R14 LRD are the heaviest 14 inch tire that Carlisle makes. The new version of our trailer is coming from the factory with the wider ST215/75R14 LRD tires for the extra reserve capacity. The GY Endurance was the only name brand ST215/75R14 LRD tires that I could find. Carlisle has a ST215/75R14 but only in LRC. What I would really like to see is for them to come out with a ST205/75R14 LRE if there is such a thing. Not a tire expert so I'm not sure if a 14 inch LRE even makes sense.

Randi & Shirley
2017 Keystone Summerland Mini 1750RD
2012 GMC Sierra 1500
rjrelander is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 05:23 PM   #14
Northofu1

LRE and higher are more for the bigger rigs, at that point I would go to Sailun tires
Northofu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:16 PM   #15
LV_Tom

I traded my factory Trailer King "Tow Master" China Bombs out with "D" rated Carlisle tires and got good use out of them, with the exception of a Blow Out on one. I then traded up to "E" rated. Two years ago I had one of the Carlisle's tread separate and a bulge start on another. Going to Discount Tire I told them to put some Carlisle's back on the trailer. The dealer said that they have been having problems on the Carlisle's as of late and suggested the GY Endurance (not the Marathon's). I've had them on for 15,000 miles now and they are performing well. Some of the benefits of the GY Endurance are they are made in the US, They have a stiffer side wall and they have an 87 MPH speed rating. Now, I pull my trailer at 65 MPH, but what the higher speed rating gives is better durability in the heat of the summer. Where I live the tires are HOT before you even get on the road. While I'm on my soapbox, let me caution you all about chasing tires based on price. Until you've had a blow out that tore up your entire mid section of the trailer taking the kitchen with it, then you'll be glad to buy the best tires, not just the cheapest tires. It hasn't happened to me but a friend of mine lost use of his 5th wheel 3 summers ago due to the damage of a tire blowout.

2011 27RLSWE Cougar
2017 F250 6.2L Gas, 3.73 Gears

LV_Tom is offline   Reply With Quote