Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 02-04-2019, 03:01 PM   #1
MariettaChuck

New to the Forum and Keystone

Hi all,

Taking delivery of my new Fuzion 427 in a couple of weeks. I have been RVing for 25 years and this is my 2nd fifth wheel, 1st toy hauler. 1st RV was a popup, 2nd, a 5th wheel, 6 motor homes, then down sized to a truck camper for the last 5 years. Wanted more room and decided to go the 5th wheel route again. I have never owned a a Keystone product and was wondering what areas they do NOT excel in. I don't want to miss any potential problems on my walkthru and I am looking for input regarding consistent flaws in design. It is a 6.5 hour drive to the dealer, therefore I want to avoid having to return. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Chuck
MariettaChuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 03:51 PM   #2
14george

Welcome to the forum from WV
14george is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 04:43 PM   #3
sourdough
Site Team

I think Keystone is as good as any RV manufacturer, comparing apples to apples, and the things one might encounter in one unit might not ever happen in another...as in any other brand. Here is a link to a thread with a pre delivery checklist. I would print it and take it with you. Advise the dealer you will be doing a comprehensive walk thru. And yes, 6.5 hrs for a return warranty trip would be "aggravating".

http://www.keystoneforums.com/forums...ead.php?t=5129
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 07:50 AM   #4
DucBill

MarriettaChuck Welcome aboard I have a '14 Fuzion 375 that I purchased as second owner and have had a few issues that I'll share, but Im not sure what changes there's been but my experiences may help you. I found 2 approximately 2-3" tears in roof where the A/C metal curbs were angled down longitudinally and cut the roof on both A/Cs the cuts looked like they had been done with a razor knife but all were in identical locations needless to say I broke out the Iternabond tape and sealed both units penetrations. Also I found heat ducts compromised in the basement which was documented on this site by another member with plenty of pictures and instructions. You can probably tell by little air flow from heat ducts in living rm and garage floor ducts but lots of air in bath&bed rms if your unjt has this issue. If your rig is a 2 axle you should require "G" rated tires I have GY LT614 on my triple axles but would use Sailun "G" 637 if offered but nothing else as you don't want a China bomb ST to ruin your slide bottoms or adjacent tire when, not if it blows. Make sure you have them fill all the tanks h20 and generator/gas fuel station/propane run genset if equipped with a/c and heat on and water heater also, test shore connect for power and use receptical tester in every receptical to verify proper wiring for power, neutral and ground. Use water from fresh tank and shore connect in all faucets and drains ensure tanks gauges are operating and are accurate, turn on all lights and stove top burners, and oven, and refrigerator look under the unit for sagging basement cover or leaks. Use drain hoses and dump valves to make sure they operate without leaks. Do a thorough roof inspection extend the awnings and slides which should extend and retract without binding or excessive noises. Check caulking on roof and vertical surfaces for gaps or holidays. Make a video of walk thru to review later and document what was covered and not in addition to the PDI make sure you go over hitching and unhitching your rig with your salesman or maint tech til you feel confortable with the process if you are using a new hitch for your rig. Like you I have been rving for 40+yrs haven't lost a tow but had a bad day and bent my tailgate about 15yrs ago by getting rushed to unhitch and knew exactly what happened when I pulled forward with tg up. Good luck and enjoy your new rig.
400W Solar, 5.5k CO.
DucBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 05:51 PM   #5
LivermoreRaptor

Ditto with DucBill, great list. Id also try all your electronics (TV, radio, DVD) to make sure the remotes work. You most likely have auto leveling. Definitely use the system to make sure it works. My last Keystone I discovered (after getting home) that the rear stabilizers didn’t work, Had to manually lower for months. When the jacks are down, visually inspect to make sure their not damaged. I had one product with a bent jack. Good luck, should be an awesome rig
LivermoreRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 07:23 AM   #6
Brentw

That's a pretty comprehensive list. So far I have had a couple of warranty issues that were dealt with promptly. Very happy with my dealer.
Roof had the cuts at AC units, dealer picked these up and arranged/ completed roof replacement.
Had a loose interior wall panel in slide area.
Fifth Wheel reach cover , mounting screw missed the hard parts and eventually pulled out and started flapping.
I had the tires changed out before I left the lot.
Bet you a buck that you know more about RVS than your sales person.
2008 Goldwing
Brentw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
keystone