Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 02-20-2019, 07:01 AM   #1
Roble65

Info post , hoping to get some advice pre-purchase

Thank you so much for the add. I am looking for some help or advice. I am contemplating buying a 2018 Keystone RV Sprinter Campfire Edition 26FWRL Fifth wheel.

I have made this same post on a Facebook group but I really wanted to get this into a forum type environment.

Any one own one of these or can comment on thoughts, issues, etc. I have seen some people mention some models of TT's but not this specific 5th wheel.

Thanks in advance.

Rob
Roble65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 07:53 AM   #2
xrated

Welcome to our little corner of the interwebs. Lots of knowledgeable and helpful folks here.
Excessive payload capacity is a wonderful thing

"If it ain't Fast....It ain't Fun"
xrated is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 09:21 AM   #3
5J's

Hopefully some one will come along with the info you desire. Welcome to the forum from SE Texas.

2017 Hideout 308BHDS

2006 F-350 6.0L PSD CC 4X4
5J's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 12:00 PM   #4
hornet28

Another thing is what are you going to pull it with?
1917 T roadster 270 Hemi/4 spd
34' car trailer w/63" semi sleeper on the front
hornet28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 04:01 PM   #5
PSD Andy

We have almost the same model only difference is it's a 29 FWRL but it is an 18 model year. Got it late last winter so we had a full season to get used to it. Went north many times close to the Canadian border and south close to IA and many places in between every few weeks for extended weekend trips May thru end of October.

Not sure if your looking for specifics? We almost bought a Cougar Half Ton FW but in the end my wife and I just felt better about this one as far as fitting our family's needs and budget. We liked a particular Cougar but it cost more at the dealers we were using and it had lower ceiling in the upstairs area and extra gadgety stuff we didn't really think we'd take full advantage of.

the Sprinter Campfire build seemed decent for the price range. Fiberglass exterior, aluminum framing except for the roof trusses which are wood. The solid 5/8" OSB sheeting for the subfloor. Insulated and enclosed undercarriage. Old school pin box style but a well radius-ed front cap. Decent storage in the front. I can't complain for $34K

We like the layout of ours and it tows like dream on country roads or the interstate. The large tanks are great for camping without hookups. We can go several days and not have to be super mindful of water use which is something our previous camper didn't offer. Lots of big tinted windows for great views while dining or relaxing in the chairs. My wife loves the kitchen layout with lots of cabinets and countertop space. It cools well, at some future year we might add the second A/C but it's not to pressing for us at the moment. Sure it struggles in the full sun on 90+F summer days but once the sun goes down it catches up and feels fine again. It heated really well. We camped in the late fall when it snowed and got in the 20's F for temp and it worked well. The vinyl floor gets cold on your feet but it's tolerable. Everything else felt comfy.

No brand seems to be perfect, the two issues we had last year was the A/C thermostat wiring wasn't correct on the rooftop unit end. After some troubleshooting with the voltmeter it was an easy, costless fix. I also re taped the A/C attic box better so it didn't leak good cool air into the attic. The factory was okay but still had some holes and gaps. I noticed this fall 2 of the 3 slides had the gearbox oil leak and it bubbled the slideout roofs. So I'll be adding those Accuslide drip pans this spring.

I don't see a lot of new Sprinter's in our area, not sure if that's a good thing or bad but I guess it doesn't matter to me. This July will be taking it across the UP of Michigan for our first out of state trip with it.

IF you want to know something very specific don't hesitate to ask. I'll try my best. I've poked around this unit from top to bottom.
Old 02-20-2019, 04:16 PM   #6
5J's

I knew there'd be someone here to help out. Thanks Andy!

2017 Hideout 308BHDS

2006 F-350 6.0L PSD CC 4X4
5J's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 04:09 AM   #7
Trailriderjoe

Welcome to the forum Rob!

We bought our 26FWRL new in the spring of 2018 and have been happy with it ever since. Did several upgrades along the way; switched out the pin box to a trailair, added an EMS system, modded the kitchen a bit for our likings...you know...the fun of owning an RV...making it your own! Just prepping now to start this season here in MI the first weekend in May.
Trailriderjoe is offline   Reply With Quote