Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 02-14-2013, 06:08 PM   #1
GaryWT

My story and picking up the new Premier 31BHPR on Weds the 20th

Quickly my story, after being seasonal for 11 years we started traveling 2 years ago. We sold the park model and bout a 34 foot North Trail 30QOK, we loved this trailer, just one main problem it had low ground clarence. We had to lay out boards to get it in and out of the driveway. In January we headed to the Boston RV show, my wife, son and camping friends. The plan was just walk around, look at a few things for fun and talk to so campgrounds. All was going good, our friend's son was looking for a trailer so we were having fun with that. About half way through, we come across the dealer we bought our trailer from and my wife and son had a plan, the went right to the salesperson we knew and gave her the list of things we wanted in our new trailer, I was caught off guard as I did not plan to buy. She brought us to the Premier 31BHPR and said this is what I have that meats your needs. We sat there for awhile then walked for awhile and bought it before we left the show. What I liked was the height so the boards will not be needed, the size of the axles, twice the size that I have and the front cap. We also liked the changes they made from previous year models, some nice upgrades etc. So the paperwork is done, the schedule is set and the exchange will happen Weds., just have to get rid of a little more snow and hope we do not get any this weekend. I feel like a little kid I am so excited about getting this. Hopefully we will start camping in april.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:05 PM   #2
Cougarfamily

Congrats on your new camper! We too are waiting for it to warm up so that we can take ours on it's maiden voyage. Here's to many years of safe and enjoyable camping.

2005 F-250 PSD 4X4 SWB
2012 Cougar 328QBS
B&W Companion hitch
Cougarfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:46 PM   #3
chartrand

Nice upgrade for you, I hope you enjoy your new trailer this summer!

2014 Keystone Bullet Premier 22RBPR
2017 Chevy Colorado (Baby Duramax)
Propride P3 Hitch
chartrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:47 PM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

Another "looker" at an RV show becomes a "buyer" LOL Yeah, I did it too, so many of us get caught up in that promise to ourselves that we're only going to look..... Hmmmm

Anyway, congratulations on your new RV. Hopefully it will be everything you expected and meet all the criteria on the list. Don't forget to download and print out the PDI to take with you when you go to pick it up. You can find it in the Keystone Questions section of the forum, it's the very first item. At the price we charge for the data, it's worth every penny <wink>

Enjoy your new trailer and the anticipation that is sure to grow between now and Wednesday

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:05 AM   #5
byrdr1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
Another "looker" at an RV show becomes a "buyer" LOL Yeah, I did it too, so many of us get caught up in that promise to ourselves that we're only going to look..... Hmmmm
Anyway, congratulations on your new RV. Hopefully it will be everything you expected and meet all the criteria on the list. <wink>
Enjoy your new trailer and the anticipation that is sure to grow between now and Wednesday
X2 on the above comments.
We are headed to the camper show in Greensboro, NC tomorrow. My daughter and son-in-law are just going to look. We are going for the ride and the early afternoon go out and eat part of it. several of our camping friends are going too. We bought our new TT at the camper show from the folks we had bought our used TT from. we were not planning on buying, got caught up in the moment.. enjoyed every bit of it. But we researched the 5er for almost 2 years before we bought it.
ENJOY your new camper and have a great spring and summer.
randy

Randy "Camp On"
2011 Cougar 327RES
2014 Ford F-350, 6.7L 4X4, CC, SRW
byrdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:23 AM   #6
mikey98e

I'll be darned. WE were at the Boston show, looked at the Keystone trailers that Flagg had. Yesterday we picked up her Valentine's Day gift; a 2013 Keystone Premier 19FBPR. It's next to the garage waiting for the maiden voyage. WE CAN'T WAIT!
-mike
mikey98e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:50 PM   #7
GaryWT

I think they did well at the show, was there yesterday finishing the paperwork and will return Weds with the trade in.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote