Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 12-04-2017, 08:50 AM   #41
sonofcy

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad2388 View Post
If youll notice that the inside fan will stop. Thats the defrost. Then once it gets out of defrost it will resume.

Im not sure of the tempature at which it stops. But was thinking ours was in the 30s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What do you mean by 'inside fan'?
sonofcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 05:35 PM   #42
bobbecky

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonofcy View Post
Very strange, they say NO heat strip and prove it with a manual that has on page 30 the description of the heat strip and the instructions to diagnose it.

I also notice a reference to the 24V transformer which does mean that it may be possible to hook up the nest via conventional wiring.

Thanks for the info.
Be aware that the manual at the link provided is from 17 years ago, and may not accurately reflect current technology with the newer heat pumps. First page at the bottom shows 10/00, October of 2000 which is the publish date.
bobbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 05:36 PM   #43
sonofcy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbecky View Post
Be aware that the manual at the link provided is from 17 years ago, and may not accurately reflect current technology with the newer heat pumps. First page at the bottom shows 10/00, October of 2000 which is the publish date.
Did not notice that. I will get a look at mine in a day or two now that the rain has stopped.
Old 12-04-2017, 08:05 PM   #44
brad2388

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonofcy View Post
What do you mean by 'inside fan'?

The fan that blows air out of the vents in the rv. It will stop while in defrost. Normally it last ~10 minutes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
brad2388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 01:29 PM   #45
Dylant

Sonofcy,
Were you ever successful in figuring out the installation. Got a 3811MS a few months ago, with the temp swings here in ABQ, Nest is a must. Any help would be much appreciated.
Dylant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 01:35 PM   #46
sonofcy

Not yet. Been busy with a bunch of other stuff. The problem is it is probably inside the wall behind the closet or the control panel above it. I will need to get in there to install my solar (not the pos that Keystone installs) so when I do that it will either be visible or I will likely give up since I have no other clues.
Old 12-27-2019, 02:17 PM   #47
sonofcy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylant View Post
Sonofcy,
Were you ever successful in figuring out the installation. Got a 3811MS a few months ago, with the temp swings here in ABQ, Nest is a must. Any help would be much appreciated.
I found where the elevant wires might be, but I am not in a frame of mind to tackle it. Today I get an email from a kickstarter project launched today. It is an adapter plate to go between the Dometic wiring and the Nest wiring. I am interested but not for the $300 asking price. I am not sure the project will get funded as they are looking for about $325,000 over 35 days. I have another way to tackle it that I will investigate this coming spring. If anyone is interested in implementing whatever solution I come up with if any, send me a private message.
Old 12-27-2019, 03:06 PM   #48
GeekSquadOfUn

I congratulate you on this initiative, but I am not ready to invest close to $300 on this, a tad too much in my mind. Under $100 you would have traction.

I would suspect, if you have indeed figured out the issues with the 24V, the 2 speed AC and the C wire, it may also work with other smart models, like the Ecobee or GLAS.

Good luck - I'll be following this. In my coach I have iN-Command by ASA controlling my HVAC and am quite happy - not as granular as my Ecobee at home, but it's great.
May you live as long as you want, and never want as long as you live.
GeekSquadOfUn is offline   Reply With Quote