Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 10-01-2017, 05:22 PM   #1
Vet4jdc

Front Jack Issue?

Leaving the campground this afternoon, I ran the front jacks down to hookup the trick. After dropping only a few inches, the motor started working really hard and then started making a popping noise. Sounded like it was struggling to lower the jacks. I have recently pumped some grease into the jack fittings but have never had an issue with them not going down. I was able to get it high enough to hookup and we made it home fine. At home, they seemed to work normal? Any ideas what was happening?
Old 10-02-2017, 03:12 AM   #2
mazboy

can't answer what is going on but i had the same issue some years ago, what a pain.
ended up putting TWO electric motors on the 2 front legs.

montana really wasn't much of a help, they said the legs should be able to lift the trailer.

good luck.
suggest that you go to the 2018 montana rally and while there get with a montana tech, they will help you there.....
mazboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 04:52 AM   #3
SummitPond

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazboy View Post
... suggest that you go to the 2018 montana rally and while there get with a montana tech, they will help you there...
A bunch of questions: How do you find out about these rallies? What happens at them? Where are they typically held? Is there something similar for Bullets? Thank you.

Now: 2019 Winnebago 2500FL w/e2 WDH;Sold: 2015 Bullet Premier 19FBPR (shown)
2012 Ford F-250 Lariat Super Duty Crew Cab (gas 6.2 L, 3.73 gear ratio 2WD, 172" WB)
SummitPond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 01:38 PM   #4
mtofell

Not sure if the system is the same as my 2016 Hideout but if so whole assembly can be purchased online for a few hundred dollars - motor, both jacks and hardware.

It sounds like you might have a damaged part in the screw gear and the motor had to bog down to "work" through it. You likely won't know if it's a problem until you hit that part of the screw again. It would probably be a good idea to take it apart and visually inspect it. I'm making some assumptions here - one being that it can be taken apart. I've never done that before. You could also just replace the offending side's jack which can be purchased separately from the whole assembly.
mtofell is offline   Reply With Quote