Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 04-13-2019, 03:11 PM   #21
HitFactor
Gone Traveling

Check polarity?
HitFactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 03:23 PM   #22
TedG

Quote:
Originally Posted by HitFactor View Post
Check polarity?
That's almost impossible to do. The prewired connecter is a female and camera has a male connector. There is no way to measure the polarity in the female end and no was to do it with the camera plugged in. I might had a plug connector in my box a junk. It looks like one you find on earbuds.
TedG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 03:59 PM   #23
HitFactor
Gone Traveling

Cut the end off, test, splice it back on. Or direct wire the camera by cutting off it's plug. When you put this all back together you will be sealing it with RTV, so it's a fairly permanent installation. The plug/socket is the weakest link in this circuit.

Fishing a new wire from the marker light is pretty easy to do. If it comes to that.

If we have reached the limit of your abilities, there is no shame in that either. Where I work there are lot's of guys who could do this for me if if I asked them. Not a one is a RV tech, this is a an electrical problem. Maybe you have friends or colleagues that can help.
Old 04-13-2019, 07:37 PM   #24
Old Mustanger

Is your battery disconnect switch in the on position? My camera hookup is wired to the power panel, not the running lights.
2019 Ford F350 SRW
Old Mustanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 04:20 AM   #25
TedG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Mustanger View Post
Is your battery disconnect switch in the on position? My camera hookup is wired to the power panel, not the running lights.
I didn't look at that. I was convinced the camera runs off the running lights.Also, I noticed there isn't a fuse in the AUX spot in my power panel. I'll take some spare fuses to the storage lot next time I go. I'm an electrical engineer, so it would be nice to have a wiring diagram. I also have this tool that helps trace wires through walls. Maybe I can figure out where the wire goes.

Thanks so much everyone.
TedG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 01:37 PM   #26
Dalys1974

I'm interested to know what you found out. I'm trying to instal mine and I have this exact same issue. I wonder if there is a switch or something else that controls it.
Dalys1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 04:31 PM   #27
Dalys1974

Found out my problem. Reverse polarity in the light directly above the mount. Hope this helps
Dalys1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 05:10 PM   #28
HitFactor
Gone Traveling

Good deal, thanks for posting your findings.
Old 04-19-2019, 06:42 AM   #29
Pmedic4

Furrion camera

Definitely get the observation system.

As others have said, the mounting of the camera, if the RV is prepared is real easy. Biggest issue I ran into is there is so much wire, it took most of my time stuffing it into the hole in the back of the RV. You can cut it off, but then you have to deal with splicing on the connector, and making a good connection.

Funny little experience with camera, and someone mentioned you have to have the running lights on - no problem. Hooked up early morning for a trip and the camera worked great. About 1/2 hour down the road, camera stops w working! Fiddled with the settings, nothing. Finally frustrated, gave up and figured something was broke in the camera.

Hour later, looked down and realized the automatic lights were now off, turned on the running lights and Ta-Da! Camera working now, so obviously we must have left early enough the automatic lights were on, until we were a few miles down the road. So remember to check and make sure your lights are on before screwing around with the settings!
Pmedic4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 06:47 AM   #30
HitFactor
Gone Traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pmedic4 View Post
Definitely get the observation system.
Vision S is the current product line, observation system is an older, discontinued product.

Vision S models vary from one to four cameras with 3 different sized screens. Keep that in mind when comparing prices.
Old 04-23-2019, 04:08 PM   #31
ldiaz791

I’m having the same problem with my just purchased 2019 Avalanche 379BH, no power at the prewired cable in the top rear. But I’m also without power in my outside kitchen, the rear compartment and the two ceiling lights inside the bunk room. General RV is going to be fixing this issue next week. Check your these other lights in your unit just in case.
ldiaz791 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 06:21 PM   #32
ldiaz791

Did you find out what your problem was with no power to your pre-wire cable?
I’m having the same issue with my camera installation.
ldiaz791 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 03:56 PM   #33
TedG

Quote:
Originally Posted by HitFactor View Post
Check polarity?
That was my problem, too. The polarity was reversed. Thanks guys.
Old 05-18-2020, 05:51 PM   #34
genoiv

Furion Vision Camer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TedG View Post
That was my problem, too. The polarity was reversed. Thanks guys.
Is there a fuse that I need to check or any switch? How can I check the polarity being reversed? I have a 2018 Keystone Hideout 28RKS with the pre-wired connection for the Furion. It is very frustrating that I can't get power to it. I have tried running the lights, putting it in reverse, etc. Thanks!
genoiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 01:58 PM   #35
genoiv

Just an update. The fuse was blown. I replaced it now the camera works. Stays on all the time, perfect for traveling. I did install a battery disconnect switch.
genoiv is offline   Reply With Quote