Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 05-30-2017, 09:17 AM   #1
Captron57

Happy Jack Adjustment

I have a 2017 Raptor 355 TS and the top bunk in the garage will not raise high enough to insert the locking pins in place. It's a pain having to lift the bunk manually, 2 people required, in order to insert or remove the pins. Neither the dealer or Keystone have provided any help. Is there an adjustment anywhere that will allow the bunk to raise the bunk another .5 to 1 inch? Or should I just drill 2 new holes lower in the rail assembly?
Captron57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 10:31 AM   #2
canesfan

There's no adjustment that I'm aware of for that. The pins are a PIA to deal with anyway, especially the ones at the back. Mine I also have to lift the bed slightly to put the pins in, but not by as much as you are describing.
Old 05-30-2017, 10:53 AM   #3
xrated

I have the same, although less of the issue. Mine needs about 1/2 a hole to be able to insert the pins. I've never bothered to look for an adjustment, but I'd say that it is there, somewhere....most likely a fairly simple limit switch. We almost never use ours, so I'm lazy and haven't looked
Excessive payload capacity is a wonderful thing

"If it ain't Fast....It ain't Fun"
xrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 03:41 AM   #4
DAN d

Welcome and enjoy
DAN d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 09:51 AM   #5
dcg9381

There is an adjustment. It involves unbolting the "drive-shaft" that spans the rear of the RV and re-securing it in a higher position. Basically you need the bunk to go up higher before hitting the limit.

.5-1" is a big gap on those holes. This is a warranty issue. The dealer will be approved for a warranty claim if you can get them to take the unit in for work.

Course, my dealer made more than 4 attempts to adjust it before it got taken back to the factory and adjusted corrected due to an unrelated issue. Frustrating.

You want those pins in place, lots of photos on the internet of stuff being crushed as that bed comes down due to some unexpected failure.
dcg9381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 11:08 AM   #6
canesfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcg9381 View Post
There is an adjustment. It involves unbolting the "drive-shaft" that spans the rear of the RV and re-securing it in a higher position. Basically you need the bunk to go up higher before hitting the limit.

.5-1" is a big gap on those holes. This is a warranty issue. The dealer will be approved for a warranty claim if you can get them to take the unit in for work.

Course, my dealer made more than 4 attempts to adjust it before it got taken back to the factory and adjusted corrected due to an unrelated issue. Frustrating.

You want those pins in place, lots of photos on the internet of stuff being crushed as that bed comes down due to some unexpected failure.
Not understanding this. The pins only hold the top bed, not the bottom. The top bed "rides" on the bottom bed. What difference would the pins make if a failure caused the "bottom" bed to let go?
Old 06-01-2017, 11:48 AM   #7
dcg9381

Here's a post on it from another user, best way I know to explain it:
http://www.keystoneforums.com/forums...ight=happijack

(has photos)
dcg9381 is offline   Reply With Quote