Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 07-10-2017, 11:44 AM   #21
NealBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by brittsnbirds View Post
I have the same 269 Sprinter that you have. We opted to have the extra A/C unit installed in the bedroom when we purchased it. It is really nice to have the ability to QUICKLY cool off the bedroom when we arrive. The other A/C does a pretty good job for us keeping the unit cool.

Only complaint that I have about the 2nd A/C unit is it doesn't have an auto shut down of the fan. It just keeps running, when the temp goes up the compressor kicks on and cools the bedroom. The A/C unit is pretty loud, there is no sleeping with that sucker on!

The other thing you have to keep in mind is that you have to have 50 Amps to run the 2 A/C's. I suppose 30 would work if you run the bedroom until it was cool, shut it off then run the other one the rest of the time.
We're just the opposite, we cant sleep without the noise. If the power goes off in the middle of the night I wake up right then.
Old 07-10-2017, 11:53 AM   #22
NealBlue

My 2016 Laredo is advertised as having "racetrack" air ducting. If I'm looking at it correctly it starts at the unit, blows toward the front bedroom, makes a u-turn in the bedroom and goes back to the unit? Is it supposed to be dead-headed after that last vent before returning to the unit?
Old 07-10-2017, 12:25 PM   #23
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by NealBlue View Post
We're just the opposite, we cant sleep without the noise. If the power goes off in the middle of the night I wake up right then.

LOL we are exactly the same way. We keep fans running in our bedroom no matter where we are - 3 in our TX home year round.
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
inadequate sprinter ac