Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 06-01-2013, 10:14 AM   #1
warvalleywoodman

Unhappy A "Preimer" really ?

We are veteran 40 year campers, having graduated from backpacking on the AT up to purchasing our new 19ft Premier Bullet in March of this year.
I'm not ready to call it a LEMON yet but the list of problems is getting longer each time we go out.
It was delivered with a warped forward cargo door, a crimp in the tow vehicle connection line, faulty sink faucet, a medicine cabinet without a top and the underside unfinished.
Just returned from our annual beach trip and found the port side wheel skirt had pulled loose from the strut, a collapsed bath 1/2 closet floor and an outside shower that only extended 23".
Being a good handyman I was able to repair the closet floor with a trip to the hardware store (still on vacation ) and a box of screws. Who ever heard of stapling a floor to the underside of the supports ? Now the storage cabinet below has large gashes where the screws penetrated during its collapse.
Turns out that the o/s shower hose was wrapped around the i/s shower plumbing. Another 30 mins. to repair.
Also had a recalled awning motor which meant I was not to transport the unit back to the dealer but dealer said to "bring it back" anyway.
Still no reply from Keystone after 3 days from sending in complaint.
Other than the above, the unit gets high marks for outside appearance, towing ease and set-up.
warvalleywoodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 02:57 PM   #2
GaryWT

Sorry to of your issues. So far 2 trips no issues for us.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 07:11 PM   #3
MISailor

Quote:
Originally Posted by warvalleywoodman View Post
a medicine cabinet without a top and the underside unfinished.
Just returned from our.
Sorry to hear about your problems. We have been very pleased with our 19FBPR having only one issue requiring service thus far. Regarding the medicine cabinet, ours is "topless" too so I suspect it is so by design to save weight and cost.
2023 Ford F150 SuperCrew 5.0L V8, 3.73 Rear Axle (Photo to be updated)
MISailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 04:02 PM   #4
vallboss2

We just got back from our third trip for seven nights and 280 miles one way with our 2013 Premier 30REPR and have had only one problem. The piece of rubber at the top that goes form one end to the other wrinkled up and pulled out on one side. We took it back and the dealer put a new one on. We have had no other problems and love our Premier.
Old 06-05-2013, 03:57 AM   #5
crash

Sorry to hear your having problems,We had a salem hemisphere that was a lemon from the get go but thats another story.Hope your next trip goes better.At least with all the problems, you will always have some camping stories to tellLOL.
2008 F350 chipped and bagged 6.4 power stroke crew cab 4x4.2013 384pk Raptor (Gravy Train) 2006 Fatboy w/18inch ape hangers,2006 883c sporty,Army wife Kim,Cocoa (The Boarder Collie) and Rebel (The English Bulldog) (THE RICH RAGE WAR,BUT ITS THE POOR THAT DIE)
crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 05:24 AM   #6
GaryWT

Has your dealer been able to take care of everything for you? They should be the ones dealing with Keystone.

As for the medicine cabinet, I took a look at mine, no top but that is the design since it is at the ceiling, not like anything will bounce out or anything.

Hope it is now in good repair.
Old 06-11-2013, 05:40 AM   #7
GaryWT

How have the repairs gone, has your dealer been good, have they been dealing with Keystone?

Looked at my medicine cabinet and not top on it by design, it is at the ceiling so nothing can bounce out.

Hope the trailer is like new...