Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 06-13-2013, 03:25 PM   #1
meln2

273fwret issues

We bought a new Copper Canyon fifth wheel camper last year and so far are not very happy with it. When we purchased it we let the salesman, and the financial person, know that we had no way to move the camper, and had to hire it done as we are seasonal campers in a NH campground. When it got cooler last fall we tried to use the heating system, and it didn't work! Now wouldn't you expect a brand new camper heater to work??? After three visits the technician got it running AFTER he took the furnace all apart, took off the inlet vents on the outside wall, changed the regulator to one that does not monitor propane levels. As it turned out the hoses from the tank to the regulator, on both tanks, was collapsed. The heat vent in the bedroon wall was disconnected and had to be attached. Now the air conditioner just blows cool air????? Keystone advised us that we need to take the unit to a Keystone authorized dealer to get the air conditioner issue reviewed/repaired. Are we disappointed.......wow???????
meln2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 05:10 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

1. Welcome to the forum.

2. Sorry that you're having problems.

3. Keystone wasn't a part of the arrangement you had with the dealer to find someone to tow your RV around for you as you have no tow vehicle. In fact, I'd bet Keystone doesn't even know you don't have a tow vehicle. Their response is that if you have a problem, take it to your dealer and Keystone will pay to have it fixed under warranty. That's what manufacturers do.

4. I don't understand how a high pressure propane supply hose can collapse. I'm thinking that it (they) didn't collapse, rather the safety cutoff in the hose activated when you had a sudden rush of propane as it simulated a large leak. The supply hoses have a safety device to stop propane flow in the event of a significant leak.

5. As for the supply duct not being installed, your dealer should have found (and repaired) that problem during his PDI before you ever accepted the RV. That, again, is not Keystone, but your dealer.

6. It sounds like your repair technician isn't real familiar with RV furnaces if he has been out 4 times and it still doesn't work. It might be time to simply contact the dealer and let them know that you want someone who knows what they are doing to come out and repair your furnace problems. Hopefully, the dealer (not Keystone) will remember that you don't have a tow vehicle and will respond accordingly.

I don't think you can blame the manufacturer for this problem. Every RV made uses essentially the same appliances, whether it's a Keystone, Winnebago, a Forest River, or a Jayco, they all have the same brand furnace. Keystone will help you, but they didn't build the furnace. And, truthfully, the dealer should have fixed it the first (or at least the second) trip to your RV.

Good luck and here's hoping you get your problems resolved.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 04:11 AM   #3
GaryWT

If they came out to fix the furnace I would imagine they would come fix the AC, have you been talking to the dealer? If I have an issue I go to the dealer, I would only attempt to contact Keystone is a reached a dead end with the dealer, it is their job to call Keystone.

Have you looked at the unit to be sure nothing built anything in it and have you checked your filter. Cool air from an AC unit is a good thing, if you are getting hot air then you have an issue.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote