Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 05-21-2013, 07:15 PM   #1
karen.b.anderson

Passport 2910bh is almost mine!

We're working through purchase of a 2012 Passport 2910bh. Decided to buy the unit we've rented for 6 weeks over the past year. Ordinarily wouldn't be that interested in buying a rental, but we figure we're the ones who have put the most miles on it, so we pretty much know where it's been. Have a lot of good memories in it already. Only hold up is where to put it - have to make a flat spot in the yard for it. And naturally the spot we wanted to level out is right where the gas line goes! But we'll get there. The anticipation is killing me...
karen.b.anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 12:30 AM   #2
Javi

Congrats on the trailer, and good luck on finding a place to put the pad...
Old 05-22-2013, 12:47 AM   #3
TAZ23

To the forum, and enjoy that trailer. Owning your own travel trailer definately has its advantages. Now you can do any mods you want, and you dont have to unpack everything every time you return from a trip. You will have to keep up on the maintenance, but hey we have to do that on our houses and vehicles too.
TAZ23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 01:31 AM   #4
Lost

From Michigan. I'm sure that you will find this Forum a great place for info. Enjoy your new TT
Old 05-22-2013, 11:27 AM   #5
E597283

Congrats...I have the 2011 2910bh Ltd Edition. My family loves it. I keep it at a local storage facility for $50 a month which is a couple miles from my house. Bring it home a day or two before a trip to get it ready.

2011 Keystone Passport 2910BH Ltd. Edition

2007 Yukon XL Denali, 6.2 liter
E597283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 01:54 PM   #6
karen.b.anderson

Thanks for the welcome!

How do you reply to a particular post? I guess I have to do it faster!

Javi - your beagle in the back of your pic looks just like my Jasper, my first beagle I got out of school. He lived to a ripe old age of 12. Now I have 2 85 pound golden retrievers. I'd love to take them on vacation with us, but I'm afraid they're a little big for my TT. That's a lot of hot, steamy dog breath. My boys want a beagle for their next dog. I love my goldens, but a beagle will be fun, too. Much more of a challenge since they're so much smarter!

We paid the balance on our trailer today. Now we have to register it and we can bring it home! Planning on 2 weeks to give our landscaper guy time to make our flat spot in the yard. I'm thinking we're going to wind up with the trailer in the driveway for a while! $50 a month sure beats what we're paying the landscaper, but we looked around and couldn't find a storage place nearby that takes campers. And if we keep it at home my kids can have sleepovers in it!

Can't wait to unload all my plastic tubs full of camping gear and not have to shuffle them back and forth to a rental all the time, and reclaim the space in my house! Although my kids are old enough to help with the hauling now, which makes it take considerably less time and more pleasant with company.

I brought all the manuals home with me from the dealer. Had to come home with something! We got what I hope will be some really cool awning lights - I can't wait to try them. It's just a strip of LEDs with a remote control that let's you pick from a bunch of colors. It's really thin, and comes with adhesive backing so you can just stick it to the awning roll bar thing and leave it be. Supplying electricity will be interesting - let's hope the instructions are decent!

Hope you all have a terrific Memorial Day weekend!
karen.b.anderson is offline   Reply With Quote