Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 09-19-2012, 05:21 PM   #1
golffishcamp

Galley Tank Problem

I own a 2005 3380RL and the kitchen sink (mid location in RV) won't drain. The galley tank is full (indicator states so)but I don't know where the dump valve is located. I have contacted the local Keystone dealer and they swear the dump valve is located either between the driver side wheels or behind them-it is not! I contacted Keystone HHQ on two ocassions and they looked at the print and one person said it is in the rear of the RV. I have two small holes where the dump valve handle may have been but I put a eight foot stick thorough the holes and there is not a tank there and I see no where on the frame where a handle could be. Another lady at Keystone HHQ said she could see a tank on the print but not where the pull handle is. Also what is strange my bathroom sink drains from the black water not from the gray water? I've tried to contact the previous owner but he moved to AZ and can't seem to reach him (unlisted number). I cleaned the p trap, checked the flow valve, etc. I have pulled down the thermal blanket in some areas to see if i can find the tank,but really don't want to take out another 50 screws to locate the tank-as a last resort i can take it to the local dealer but I prefer not to. I am willing to pay someone $50.00 if they can tell me where the tank is and where the galley pull handle is to drain it. The coach is beginning to smell and whats worse my wife is getting more mad by the minute. Please help!
golffishcamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 06:35 PM   #2
Ruffus

Talking Interesting

Mine is behind the rear axle on the driver side, I can't believe that you can't see it under the unit.
Curt Q24 hitch for in bed puck system
Fulltimng.
Ruffus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 07:04 PM   #3
Festus2
Site Team

It is possible that your kitchen drain pull handle may have worked loose and come away from the tank drain valve. On our unit, the tank pulls are threaded aluminium rods. One threaded end is for the handle, the other for the tank valve. Your galley/gray pull handle may have come unscrewed and fallen off.
We have 3 drain pulls - gray (shower and bedroom sink), black (toilet) and gray( for the galley) - all of which have drain pulls.
Your pull is probably located in close proximity to your kitchen sink - on the driver's side.
If you can't see a pull in this area, can you remove enough screws holding the black plastic coroplast underbelly and open up that area enough to shine a light inside there to see a tank valve and/or tank?
If you put some tank deodorant/chemicals down the kitchen sink, that might help to reduce or eliminate the smell until you can locate the tank and/or valve.
Let us know what you find.
Old 09-20-2012, 01:57 AM   #4
Bushman512000

galley drain

I revamped My Valve was to hard to get at this may be of some help the see the location But I think the handel fell off.I also lost one before not that big of deal just replace it with a little lock tight on the new one Ok Bushman left click pic.to max size See why I moved it...LOL and welcome also.Bush
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1301.jpg
Views:	480
Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	1840   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1302.jpg
Views:	943
Size:	89.8 KB
ID:	1841   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1303.jpg
Views:	413
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	1842   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1304.jpg
Views:	338
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	1843  
Bushman512000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 07:27 AM   #5
camper 2010

It should be just behind your wheels on the driver side. The handle and rod could have come out just leaving a small hole in the thermal blanket.
camper 2010 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drain, dump, galley, sink, valve stem