Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 01-03-2018, 02:08 PM   #1
upmoonlightpath

308BHDS Rear view camera system

Our 2018 Keystone Hideout 308BHDS comes pre-wired for a back-up camera system. What system do I purchase? Also, we have a touch screen in our truck (F250, King Ranch). Is there a way to hook our camera to that?
upmoonlightpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 02:55 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

Your trailer is "prewired" for almost any wireless camera system you want to install. The only thing that is installed in your trailer is a "power pigtail", probably tapped to the center clearance light on the rear of the coach.

There are a couple of "wiring hacks" that are available on EBay or other internet sites that will allow you to either plug in or wire in (the more expensive hacks have harnesses complete with plugs, the cheaper ones are essentially just instructions on which wires to cut on your existing truck harness).

Most people use that "prewired tap" to power a wireless camera, typically mounted below the clearance light and then use the 12 volt plug in on the dash to power the receiver which most either sit on the dash or on the console.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 03:50 PM   #3
MarcS

I use the Furrion observation camera. I love it! I would not want another camper without one. It makes seeing completely behind the camper nice. The screen could be better, but it does well enough for me.
Unfortunately, you will not be able to use the Sync touch screen as the the camper back up or observation camera.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk