Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 10-05-2017, 11:00 AM   #1
scott.brownrigg

Unhappy 326RDS Issues

Just a few things, ok, probably more than that. I've owned a camper for 8+ years and upgraded from a TT to a 5th wheel two months ago and we bought the 326RDS. Absolutely LOVE the layout but am noticing issues with it and would love some feedback.
First, the freaking galley drain handle is NOT where the other two handles are and the person at Camping World who walked us through the camper didn't show it to us. It took a backed up galley tank and my snooping around under the trailer to find the black handle against the black plastic in the wheel well. Soooo frustrating.
Second...and I'll just go off here. I'm noticing little things that make me think this thing is cheap. Maybe I'm spoiled by the Rockwood TT we had because the material and construction seem to be way better. It's back at Camping World for the second time already for them to repair it but here is a list of issues in the first month:
- screen door won't close or stay closed
- hot water heater won't work using gas, only electric
- toilet leaks when you step on lever to flush
- table held down by what appears to be four 2" wood screws that are stripped (had to jam broken toothpicks in there to get it to hold but seems like something that should have been bolted underneath)
- plastic latches (I had extras installed on big storage compartments) are crap and two have already broken
- noticing wood dust all around fireplace and tv every time we travel
- sound system stinks...soundbar sounds hollow, almost don't want to use it
- particle board flooring and from what I can tell no insulation
- carpet without any kind of padding on the floor...just seems cheap.
- two of our shades had holes in them
- recliners are hard to shut while sitting and the left one won't shut at all unless you stand up and shut it (hitting metal)

I think there may be more but I'm really not happy with the quality so far and have a feeling when we take it to Hershey Park in December that i'm going to be even more disappointed because I have a feeling it's not going to stay warm even though the sticker by the door indicates it's "below zero."

Maybe I expected too much but I'm looking for any thoughts or comments.

Oh yeah, BTW. NOT impressed with Camping World in Swedesboro NJ at ALL. Had it there for over a week and they managed to fix NOTHING. I was told they had to order all the parts from the manufacturer? Doesn't seem right. I left a VM for the general manager three days ago and apparently it's beneath him to call a concerned customer.

Rant over...just extremely disappointed so far.
scott.brownrigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 04:47 AM   #2
mets721

Try Camping World in Lakewood. It’s smaller so getting an appointment can take some time but I’ve been pretty happy with them. I had my 327RES in for a few minor issues and to give it the “once over” before the season started. They did a great job. Only issue was the wait for Keystone to ship a new radio.
Old 10-08-2017, 05:47 AM   #3
scott.brownrigg

I work at Lakehurst and have been in the Lakewood one before. The plan is to make the Swedesboro one fix it then never take it back. It will be going to the Lakewood one from then on. Thanks for the reply.
Old 10-08-2017, 06:59 AM   #4
goducks

Sounds normal to me. Just wondering why you never sat in the chairs, listened to the stereo? Seems like many of those issues were obvious before your purchase. Sometimes owners just don't research their purchases enough and then blame the MFG for things that were all there in the 1st place. CW has the worst reputation for repair work in the RV industry.
goducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 07:36 AM   #5
scott.brownrigg

We identified the chairs as an issue during the walk through and the speakers didn't sound that bad during walk through either. As far as it being normal I disagree. As i said this isn't my first rodeo and there were a couple issues with my first one but they were resolved over a single weekend. I'm learning the hard way that CW isn't very reliable, at least up until now.
Old 10-08-2017, 08:07 AM   #6
notanlines

Goducks, I have to disagree with you on this point you made:
"CW has the worst reputation for repair work in the RV industry" If you hang around long enough in the RV world you will find that their reputation is actually slightly better than average for large dealerships. I read a lot, am a member on a number of forums and large dealerships the likes of General RV are way, way ahead of CW for complaints. Just wanted to give you a little food for thought.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is online now   Reply With Quote