Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 06-06-2018, 01:08 PM   #1
steamboatscott

Several Bullet 2200BHS / Passport 239ML questions

Looking to upgrade from a popup, and have several questions about the Bullet 2200BHS / Passport 239ML that dealer isn't ambitious enough to answer between the "you can drive this off today" pitch. I know all about payload versus tow "pull" capacity etc. and want to remain safe with my V8 1/2 ton pickup. I'm also 3.5 hours from dealer, so trying to prevent a wasted trip.

1. Where is fresh water tank, and how big is it? Specs say 43 gallons, but I'm curious if that is including 6 gallons hot water tank. I want to know the location to estimate hitch weight impact when full.

2. Is grey and black water tank in the rear (thus no hitch weight impact except perhaps negative when full)?

3. Specs show 425 lb hitch weight, assuming dry. Can anyone share your hitch weights with LP tank(s), battery, fresh water tank full, etc?

4. Is the interior height at the lowest point (under AC) really the 6' 5" dealer claims?

5. Are the bunks 74" long as dealer claims? How about that queen, 74" too?

Please specify which model you have (Bullet/Passport) and options pacakges etc. in response. Many, many thanks in advance for your assistance!
steamboatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 03:02 PM   #2
Retired Copper

Scott look up Haylett rv and look for the model PassPort and Josh the RV nerd will give you a pretty good walk through on the 239ml.
Equalizer 4 pt.
Retired Copper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 03:54 PM   #3
steamboatscott

Thanks Cooper. Is the Bullet basically built the same quality as Passport? Easier for me to find the former in my state.

I'm confused because Passport 239ML has dramatically less carrying capacity than Bullet 2200BHS despite both having twin axles and appearing the same.
Old 06-06-2018, 04:26 PM   #4
Ken / Claudia

Use the gross max wt rating GVWR of the trailer, then figure 15% of that number for tongue weight. That would be about the worse case for weight meaning about as heavy as it may get. That is what you need to know. Getting all the other things you asked about regarding weight should be in line of those numbers.
Yes to the tongue weight, that is dry.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 05:25 PM   #5
Retired Copper

They are basically sisters. WE like our PassPort, my deciding factor was the dealer. The owner his self was the one that I dealt with and he gave me his personal cell phone number if I ran into any problems and explained how his techs go through a RV before delivery and produce you a copy of the PDI. Much like the one recommended on this site. Yes I had to call him because I needed some extra paper work for the county I live in. It was taking to long and with in 15 minutes I had it faxed in my hand. So like you will hear the dealer can make a difference. After a year I have not had an issue with the camper yet.
Equalizer 4 pt.
Retired Copper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 07:28 PM   #6
steamboatscott

Sharing the results of my exhaustive research on this topic in case any other Bullet 2200BH / Passport 239MLWE shoppers are interested:

Bullet 2200BH has:
- about 1,000 lbs more cargo carrying capacity due to 2x3500 lb axles (versus 2x3000 lb axles on 239)

Passport 239MLWE exclusively has (not available in Bullet 2200BH):
- heated/wrapped underbelly option
- black tank flush port
- window/emergency exit in the bottom rear bunk
- oven
- alloy wheels
- ducted AC with a slimmer profile unit on the ceiling
- doors on dinette and under-bunk storage
- backup camera prep
- 15" tires (versus 14" on Bullet)

For calculating tongue weight w/ water, both feature:
- 37 gallon fresh water tank located halfway between tongue and axles + 6 gallon hot water heater located in rear = 43 gallons fresh water published in specs
- grey water tank near the rear-most axle and black near the back (under toilet)

Bunks are 74" long on both models.

Tags
passport, bullet