Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-15-2018, 03:01 AM   #1
jodipitbull

First Weekend in new Laredo TT

Overall, I say “Wow!!!”. We LOVE our new Laredo TT, model 331BH. I had my expectations set so low and I realize things will break, but was very pleasantly surprised by the quality of the Laredo. Here are a few things that impressed me:
1. Very nice thick comforter
2. Thick mattress even had a bit of a pillow top on it
3. Nice, wood grain cabinetry and six panel doors.
4. Lots of lights everywhere
5. Especially like the wall-side cushions on the dinette that let you lounge back up against them. Adds a lot of living space.
6. Beautiful wood grain flooring.
7. I liked the seemless windows. Plenty of air flow. There are two smaller framed windows on the main slide for those that prefer them.
8. Tray behind bed and outlets there for cell phones.
9. Fireplace is gorgeous and kicks out some heat too.
10. Bunkhouse slide-out easily fit two extra large dog crates.
11. Easy to remove foam pads in bunkhouse. Some models we looked at had built in sofa sleepers there that would have been a pain to remove and would have left it looking unfinished.
12. Pantry and plenty of storage.
13. Wood grain covered fridge
14. Kitchen garbage drawer complete with two tall garbage bins included. Nice to have that tucked away.
15. We had it transported for us and followed behind them to our seasonal site. Guy was towing with a 1500 and no distribution hitch. Through a windy rain storm the trailer was stable on the road and only swayed a very little when semis went by. It looked very easy to pull.
16. Stable feel inside. Not a lot of trailer movement even with three big dogs playing around.

Things we didn’t like:
1. Screen door latch catches onto frame by millimeters. Not very secure.
2. Light switch for main living area is above the TV inside the cabinet on the main panel along with the switches for the slides. This is a small inconvenience, but it would have been nicer to have that on the wall as you enter the trailer.

Hints for new buyers of any trailer:
1. After reading on this site, I had them install an internal surge protector before we picked it up. It’s a great insurance policy.
2. The salesman neglected to tell us about the optional exterior and interior package. It provides a coating on the exterior that “they say” will last for five years so you don’t have to wax it. It also covers stickers coming off and paint fading, which is cool. The interior package covers stains or tears on upholstery (like from dogs) for five years. We did want all that coverage and had to wait another 90 minutes for them to apply it. If I had known in advance it not only would have saved us some time, but I could have rolled it into financing as well. I think it was about $1,300.
3. I ordered the Fastway Onestep Wheel Chocks online in advance of picking up the trailer. They turned out great. I would still recommend adding a set of chocks in front of the wheels as well.
4. I also got a set of plastic leveling tiles from Walmart for under the feet of the trailer and tongue. They were a great add as well.

We are set to enjoy the season now. I will post updates as we find out more about our cool new TT.
jodipitbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 03:05 AM   #2
jodipitbull

Pics

Here are a few pictures
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	8083E9AA-DA56-457C-9EEA-055451284889.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	480.0 KB
ID:	16435   Click image for larger version

Name:	03ABC9C4-ED48-4911-B483-F92E039B1D21.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	289.4 KB
ID:	16436   Click image for larger version

Name:	6A49B73D-8376-444B-9D33-7C0FA85E86FA.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	174.2 KB
ID:	16437   Click image for larger version

Name:	BE35CB40-B10B-4E0D-9E74-C8BDC793B937.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	209.6 KB
ID:	16438  
Old 05-15-2018, 03:45 AM   #3
DocP

That's one nice-looking camper! I'm glad that everything is working out for you so far. Happy trails!
DocP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 05:44 AM   #4
jodipitbull

Additional comments after a few more uses of the Laredo:
1. Need to find adjustable vents for ceiling where air conditioning blows out. Master bedroom and bathroom get much colder than main living and bunkhouse.
2. Impressed with air conditioner capacity. The single air conditioner kept up with 95 degree heat this week and managed to keep the entire unit cool. We are almost 38 feet long, so not bad.
3. Comforter is really nice but is dry clean only. That’s a shame. Not very functional or practical. Makes me mad because it matches the curtain toppers and pillow shams. And it is so nice and is such a nice thick comforter. At a minimum I will have to rotate another comforter while this one is getting professionally cleaned.
4. Built in cabinet with two wastebaskets is nice to use one for garbage and one for returnable cans and bottles.

Everything functioning well and we love the Camper!
Old 07-17-2018, 05:19 AM   #5
Msmith2054

Congrats on the new Laredo! Nice looking unit. I bought a (new to me) 2013 Laredo 291TG in February and am thrilled with the comfort and finish of this camper. I lucked out with this buy as it was 4-5 years old, yet was in new condition as the previous owner barely used it. Propane was never filled, both refrigerators still had shipping tape and styrofoam installed, nothing was ever used! We tow it everywhere with my 1500 Silverado and have had no issues. Kids and I love it! We take our two large breed dogs with us also.

Happy and safe travels!
Msmith2054 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
laredo